• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tim Kreitz Adventures

This one is not motorcycle-related, but an addition to the channel nonetheless. The new body of songs I'm writing and recording is a departure from the Red Dirt and Southern Rock styles I've been cultivating over the past seven or eight years. Granted, I had my biggest national successes as a musician in that genre, but I wanted to get back to my musical roots. For those of you who remember the Dingo Sanctuary albums I released in the late '00s and early '10s, this is a return to that sound.

A motorcycle ride to McCamey, Texas for lunch inspires a short vignette about the legend of Pansy Carpenter, a reclusive Circus Performer who lived an eccentric life on the edge of the Trans-Pecos:

A motorcycle ride to McCamey, Texas for lunch inspires a short vignette about the legend of Pansy Carpenter, a reclusive Circus Performer who lived an eccentric life on the edge of the Trans-Pecos:

This segment reminds me of TCR, except on 2 wheels (Thats a compliment).

Bob Phillips now 70 yo. 50th anniversary of TCR.
Inspired by Charles Kuralt’s “On the Road” segments on The CBS Evening News With Walter Cronkite, Phillips decided to Texify the concept and hatch his own show. Hard news was never his thing. Instead, he chose to explore Texas and the stories of its hidden constituents

This segment reminds me of TCR, except on 2 wheels (Thats a compliment).

Bob Phillips now 70 yo. 50th anniversary of TCR.
Inspired by Charles Kuralt’s “On the Road” segments on The CBS Evening News With Walter Cronkite, Phillips decided to Texify the concept and hatch his own show. Hard news was never his thing. Instead, he chose to explore Texas and the stories of its hidden constituents

TCR was always one of my favorite shows growing up. I have no doubt that it probably influenced how I make videos and short films. Cheers, and thank you kindly.

They are still going, and post the segments on YouTube.
Yeah, the show isn't what it used to be now the he has his wife in the mix all the time as co-host. She really has no business being on camera compared to him. It's kinda like The Eagles letting Don Felder sing when Don Henley is right there. The production value isn't as good, either. I think they are filming it themselves these days. Still, it's a Texas classic for sure. All due respect to Bob.

Got to watch this, but especially, I am so proud that you are receiving sponsorship for your quality work!

Got to watch this, but especially, I am so proud that you are receiving sponsorship for your quality work!
Thank you kindly. Very much appreciated. After the Viking fiasco, I told myself I wouldn't do anymore sponsorships, but MPS have been good friends for a long time and my relationship with them is very much a blessing.

Last edited:
BTW, a Rebel 1100 review might be coming soon, which I look forward to doing.

Last edited:
Tim,

Seems like anyone who has an opinion about anything gathers 'haters', kind of a sign of the times, intolerance.

Keep up the good work, I enjoy them!

Tim, I appreciate your West Texas videos. I moved to Midland in 1948 and lived there till 1997. Haven't been back in quite awhile, so it's good to see Midland through your camera again.

In the 70's a friend and I rode our ten speeds from Midland to Stanton on a Saturday. It wasn't going to be a big ride, maybe a 50 mile round trip. But, the wind started blowing out of the West. We FLEW into Stanton, spun out in high gear, probably around 35 mph. I had a 100 inch top gear then. Absolutely no wind resistance. We got there...and stopped at a little Harley repair shop in Stanton...thinking how are we going to get back to Midland? Borrowed the phone but couldn't find anyone to haul us back. It was a long, hard push back home, echeloning the whole way. I remember how great it was to finally make it... and get off the bicycle. It was a grind.

The scenes of the sandy, blown out fields...hard for most folks to understand until they get out there and walk in them.

I enjoyed your donut ride, thanks.

The house above my handle is at 2606 Cimarron Drive.

The scenes of the sandy, blown out fields...hard for most folks to understand until they get out there and walk in them.

The house above my handle is at 2606 Cimarron Drive.

Small world, my friend. That's the same neighborhood I have lived in since 1996. I'm just a few blocks closer to Lee High School. In fact, I pass by your old house all the time. Dunno who lives there these days, but my buddy George owns a house right across the street from it a few lots down. Also, my brother used to own the house at 3231 Cimarron before moving several blocks north to Trinity School Subdivision where he still lives.

BTW, it's even drier now than it was in that episode. We're going on something like 10 months without measurable precipitation. I took this pic earlier today:

BonnevilleInFrontOfSandDunes_Droubt_2022.jpg

I grew up in Odessa and moved away in 98. I really enjoy your video’s and look forward to the next, always hoping to see something that will jog my memory, which I usually do. I believe everyone has a knack for certain things, and I think you have a knack for video’s that connect. I hope you continue to make and share them…

Tim, you are documenting a part of Texas that has no tourism :) :) :). Your stories about places and people need to be told. Some of your rides I knew about your focus of attention, some I didn't, but I've enjoyed all of them. Thank you! Also, your feedback had tons of support for your channel. It deserves it.

Thanks all. The next episode will be about Marfa and the surrounding areas. We leave Friday. Cheers.

It was 103 degrees on the ride down and 49 degrees on the ride home, but every mile was totally worth it. The best things in life are a little dangerous.

I'm glad to have found you on TWT and just subscribed to your YouTube channel. I really enjoy your travel logs.

BTW, I know YouTube is a **** - appreciate your efforts in posting there.

I'm glad to have found you on TWT and just subscribed to your YouTube channel. I really enjoy your travel logs.

BTW, I know YouTube is a **** - appreciate your efforts in posting there.
Much appreciated. Cheers and thanks. :)

Back