• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TORCS 2023

Well, I for one, am just glad they are putting on the events. Has to be a huge job just lining things out and working with landowners.

If those are the official results, looks like my boy finished two spots behind me. He’ll be so bummed. 😂😂😂
No clue what's right or not. They need to do better.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689818797586.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689818797586.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 69
Wonder if it will be 4 runs and two loops again, also wonder how long the loops will be. Any ideas?

We will be there. Wife and I are going up tomorrow afternoon with the RV. Son and one of our friends 9 year old who races will be coming up Saturday morning. If you see a Durango camper on a RAM truck it is probably us. Stop and say hi. Son's number is 559, KTM 350.

We will be there. Wife and I are going up tomorrow afternoon with the RV. Son and one of our friends 9 year old who races will be coming up Saturday morning. If you see a Durango camper on a RAM truck it is probably us. Stop and say hi. Son's number is 559, KTM 350.
I really like Knesek. Hope everyone has a good time, might be just a little cooler hopefully. That number 559 is interesting, what is the story behind that?

I really like Knesek. Hope everyone has a good time, might be just a little cooler hopefully. That number 559 is interesting, what is the story behind that?
He and his wife own a company that builds power lines. 559 is a cable size they use. It was available so he went with it.

501/375. Both older KTMs. Black Tundra. Mark and Luke, if we cross paths.

501/375. Both older KTMs. Black Tundra. Mark and Luke, if we cross paths.
Looked around but did not see you in the pits. I did manage to see you on the track, cheered you on as you went by! Son had a rough day, said he was not feeling good when he first got there. Ended up 8th I believe in his class so still did okay. The friends 9 year old got 3rd in his class so good day overall.

Hope you guys had a good time!

Looked around but did not see you in the pits. I did manage to see you on the track, cheered you on as you went by! Son had a rough day, said he was not feeling good when he first got there. Ended up 8th I believe in his class so still did okay. The friends 9 year old got 3rd in his class so good day overall.

Hope you guys had a good time!
Thanks for the support, I definitely needed it. Fitness wasn’t a priority this last month because of work limitations, the trail surface kicked my butt, and the heat took it out of me by lap 2. Ended up 13th.
Kiddo, on the other hand, had a great day. Battled hard in 85C to get 5th amongst a slew of fast kids, then came up to D with the old man. Terrible start had him second to last off the line, but ended up taking 7th. He passed me right before the timing gates and I didn’t see him again till the pits.
Hope your son is feeling better; yesterday wasn’t a good day to race at less than 100%. Glad he did well regardless. I’ll keep an eye out for y’all in October.

Access is limited for me since I don’t doFB, but I wanted to put the word out that I’m on the hunt for a cheaper 65 for the daughter to graduate to and learn clutch. Don’t mind a bit of work and am in the Austin area, if anyone has a line to one. Thx.

Thought I’d be okay, after having done both sprints. I was wrong. =)
It was HOT! By the end of the big bikes on Saturday almost all the bikes were coming around at a pretty reduced rate of speed. I sitting next to the track out in the open section and about a third of the riders would look at me and just shake their head no, like they were saying "this is crazy." Good on you for finishing!

It was HOT! By the end of the big bikes on Saturday almost all the bikes were coming around at a pretty reduced rate of speed. I sitting next to the track out in the open section and about a third of the riders would look at me and just shake their head no, like they were saying "this is crazy." Good on you for finishing!
The entire race I was thinking, ‘this is crazy.’

What’s the amateur racing look like at these events? I’m looking for something fun, not that I’ll be competitive.

What’s the amateur racing look like at these events? I’m looking for something fun, not that I’ll be competitive.
It’s a fooking blast. Seriously, going out with fun as the #1 priority is the perfect way to do it. I did my first in January 2021 and it’s been nothing but awesome since. Great people, great fun, and great memories built for me and my family. You can’t go wrong.

99% are amateurs. And if you ride in the morning races 100% are amateurs. And 98% of that 100% are weekend woods bozos like all of us here. Jump in, you'll be glad you did!

Looking forward to Cole’s. Possibly getting some rain this week to tamp down dust, cooler temps, and haven’t been there since 2021, when my boy and I were both new to this racing business and definitely riding the struggle bus.
Can’t wait!

Back