• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TSCEC chocolate trails

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Fluvanna race this weekend! Could be perfect. Fluvanna today.
8A1CE04C-3F02-4DF5-8715-7DF733208058.jpeg

That dirt can turn to glue that traps bikes and cements them in place sometimes. If there is no sond content it is unrideable. Many bikes have been left in place at the old Terlingua enduro in similar conditions. I and a couple buddies have driven 11 hours to W TX events and been turned around, postponed. postponed. More than once. Call before you haul!

That dirt can turn to glue that traps bikes and cements them in place sometimes. If there is no sond content it is unrideable. Many bikes have been left in place at the old Terlingua enduro in similar conditions. I and a couple buddies have driven 11 hours to W TX events and been turned around, postponed. postponed. More than once. Call before you haul!
I have no idea BUT all the social media buzz is folks can't wait to get there!

I googled the location and think it is heavy sand which will be great. Its been since '84 that we rode that enduro. My failing memory is it being the birth place of sand whoops.

"It was a chilly season opener for TSCEC at the 2023 Red Canyon Enduro in Fluvanna, TX! The below freezing temperatures were enough to slow down our cameras down, so we were able to get limited shots of everyone. Despite the conditions, Red Canyon has always been one of our favorite venues to shoot, featuring 360 degree views of beautiful West Texas landscapes."

From what I've read everyone survived but was brutally cold.

Even with the rain last weekend I heard the course was really fun. The cold was a completely different issue.

Just found some good videos on Y-tube. Dirt looked perfect and the trail layout was great. But I hear the cold was seriously brutal.

Never above freezing and windy on top.

Back