• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WANTED Samsonite Tribar bags/luggage, rack, keys, etc

Reaction score
I need at least one more of those Samsonite Tribar case/bag and brackets and keys. If you even have loose keyed cylinders from one of the racks, I'll take that too.
These were used in the 70s and 80s as aftermarket luggage, but also sold model specific for Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and even Moto Guzzi, I think.
Appreciate any leads.
I live in Magnolia 77354.

See below pix of what the Samsonites look like (downloaded from various sites on the Internet)
Thanks.

Attachments

• SamsoniteLuggage full system BMW.jpg
    SamsoniteLuggage full system BMW.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 94
  • Samsonite examples.jpg
    Samsonite examples.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Brackets in position on 1974 Guzzi Convert-4c.jpg
    Brackets in position on 1974 Guzzi Convert-4c.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Mounted on BMW-10.jpg
    Mounted on BMW-10.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 72
  • KEYS Samsonite.jpg
    KEYS Samsonite.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 72
  • TriBar ad and explanation.jpg
    TriBar ad and explanation.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The guy at Herencia food trailer, Christophe, had an old Honda with Tribar stuff on it in the back of his truck. That's at Johnson City Coffee Company.

A 750F Custom, I think it was, maybe a 900, dusty but amazing condition. The stuff you run across when you get out and about... I was too early for lunch, but the food smelled great.

Last edited:
The guy at Herencia food trailer, Christophe, had an old Honda with Tribar stuff on it in the back of his truck. That's at Johnson City Coffee Company.

A 750F Custom, I think it was, maybe a 900, dusty but amazing condition. The stuff you run across when you get out and about... I was too early for lunch, but the food smelled great.
Is there any possibility of getting in touch with Christophe regarding his bags?...or were you just making an observation? I live too far away (2 - 3 hrs) just to check.
Thanks.

I need at least one more of those Samsonite Tribar case/bag and brackets and keys. If you even have loose keyed cylinders from one of the racks, I'll take that too.
These were used in the 70s and 80s as aftermarket luggage, but also sold model specific for Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and even Moto Guzzi, I think.
Appreciate any leads.
I live in Magnolia 77354.

See below pix of what the Samsonites look like (downloaded from various sites on the Internet)
Thanks.
Hi Voodoo, I have a set of Samsonite Tribar bags and brackets off my 1969 Laverda 750 GT if you're still interested. Cheers, Adam (Oakland, California)

Back