• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201023/94599ad13b1d7970152af0228cb23423.jpg[/

Me, Roger and Danny made it but got wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• 012DF979-05EF-4552-BD99-1699E4146EA8.jpeg
    012DF979-05EF-4552-BD99-1699E4146EA8.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 168
Tried a detour thru the sand from, well you know. Had to call Houston county sheriff to help it up, but not before the storm front blew in. Then it was wet sand and snot like clay all the way back to pavement. Then I blasted home in the rain. I should sleep good tonight.

I am sure Joe was laughing at me.

Roger and Joe and I had a great time.
Rain all the way home till Tomball.
Cold and wet but worth it.

James (and everybody else), I threw this together. Someone may be more talented than me and may prefer to do something better; open to suggestions. I found a site that makes custom vinyl stickers and could have some made up.
View attachment 275700
Jay, thank you for the note and the stickers. I know there are a few guys in the neighborhood that will want them and I'll give them to the kids.
I sure do miss him.
Be safe out there,
Laura

Jay, thank you for the note and the stickers. I know there are a few guys in the neighborhood that will want them and I'll give them to the kids.
I sure do miss him.
Be safe out there,
Laura
Glad you like them. If you want more, please let me know. I’m going to try to make some of the get-togthers up that way and hand them out.

Tried a detour thru the sand from, well you know. Had to call Houston county sheriff to help it up, but not before the storm front blew in. Then it was wet sand and snot like clay all the way back to pavement. Then I blasted home in the rain. I should sleep good tonight.

I am sure Joe was laughing at me.
Sheriff helped you up? I never thought of that. Good for Houston County Sheriff

Sheriff helped you up? I never thought of that. Good for Houston County Sheriff
Sherif English is a good dude, after we got my bike up and I drove it to the nearest hard spot he asked me to get in the truck to go and check the bridge on FM 4025, we drove up to the bridge and it was under construction being replaced with an concrete structure. On the way back to my bike the road was really slick and we almost swapped ends, but Sherif English was a good driver and saved it. He took the lead and I almost crashed 4 more times before we got to the pavement at at FM 1309, what a relief, the rain and wet asphalt were a welcomed ride on the way home. It was a great adventure, someone was watching out for me and sent Sherif English to help me out. BTW I did call Scott and let him know what a predicament I was in, he gave me some sand riding pointers the helped me get back.

That was some deep sugar sand. When I ride in it with my XR65L I drop the tire pressure below 20 psi on both tires. It is tough and I really shouldn't ride it alone, but do. I would never try it on my DL1000 :).
Blessings to Sheriff English and you, James.

You’re welcome. I had hoped to make the lunch this week, but I have to go to a funeral. If one of you regulars would pm you mailing address, I could mail you some stickers to distribute.

Last edited:
You’re welcome. I had hoped to make the lunch this week, but I have to go to a funeral. If one of you regulars would pm you mailing address, I could mail you some stickers to distribute.
PM sent

Friday weather is looking good so far. How about Murphy’s in Winchester at 11 this Friday?

Serious question, they didn't do an accident report since they came out?
Typically they only have to if state/county property is damaged, or if a person reports an injury. Otherwise unless the parties involved in the accident want one, there’s no requirement to make the full report to the state. Also, a lot of sheriff’s departments won’t, and let DPS handle crash reports, and the chances of a DPS troop getting their precious cars on a county road (it’s a fat chance, lol) with dirt...

Typically they only have to if state/county property is damaged, or if a person reports an injury. Otherwise unless the parties involved in the accident want one, there’s no requirement to make the full report to the state. Also, a lot of sheriff’s departments won’t, and let DPS handle crash reports, and the chances of a DPS troop getting their precious cars on a county road (it’s a fat chance, lol) with dirt...
Good to know.

Back