• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weekly Joe Fink Memorial BBQ lunch

Are you coming up to lunch??? Everyone has to have lunch.

Life.

looks like good weather and a very good turnout for you guys! Enjoy.

Lol, yes, but then woke up to disaster (sick cat). Hope you guys have a great time, and I'll have to try again some other time.

Lol, yes, but then woke up to disaster (sick cat). Hope you guys have a great time, and I'll have to try again some other time.

Dang! Sorry to hear about the cat. I can see you all dressed up in your nurse ratchet outfit (oops, did I say that publicly?) :) May be later.

Woke up and thought about going until I got a work call... Sucks to miss out, but we really need the work!

Good ride today, and some good eats with good folk. It was a pleasure.

The ride out was a five tortoise run. I counted that many trying to cross the road. Speaking of which, I finally got an answer from a chicken about why they crossed the road. Turns out it was due to a bet made with an armadillo to prove it could be done. No details were shared regarding the wager.

On the shortcut home I passed the GWAC (Greater Waco Area Contingent) on the roadside, and it looked like there were plenty there if help were needed so I honked and headed on down the road.

Following Garmin's route through Caldwell I think I crossed over or under the railroad about ten times. Go Garmin. Some of the crossings were tricky, so it was an interesting route discovering roads that traipsed around toward Giddings, while avoiding any semblance of a highway. Once you get into Lee County that is doubly so, as many of their paved county roads would be smoother if they had been left as unmaintained washboard gravel.

Further on I discovered several of my cherished gravel roads have now had their fate, and surface, sealed. "Progress, it ain't no **** good." (quoting my Mom)

I feel like we all got bonus points today having clear skies and reasonable temps. Hope everyone else had as good a ride as I did.

Till next time ...

I'm a maybe at this point. Trying to pour some concrete for a carport, waiting for confirmation on delivery.

Well, that's easy enough. I won't even have to take time off work.
I hope the engine gets up to temp in five miles. A shortcut may be in order ...

IN

Last edited:
Reactions: JMZ
As in Winchester? A nice steak sounds good. Or is there another Murphy’s?.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, in Winchester. I just called to confirm, and the dining area has reopened.

Back