• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Today in the shop, I took the bodywork off the RC8R. I have found that while it is a 2009 model, it was manufactured for the USA in 5/10 so it was some weird re-purpose of a limited edition. I don't really care, just interesting.

So I got the bodywork off, found the SAI solenoid was removed and is defeated in the software. The O2 sensors were defeated but still installed, so I installed official Akrapovic exhaut bung plugs and safety wired them. Now a bit of cleaning and then back together she goes.

Nothing looks prettier than Titanium that has been hot.

RACE USE ONLY Heh Heh!

Muffler-smuffler. I almost deafened myself and terrified my grandson twice lighting this puppy off this weekend. On the lift it is almost unbearable to stand on the right side when revving it. You could put your arm in there.....

Rear plug, shoddy safety wire but it is an exhaust bung plug....

spared O2 sensor

Then, since I had my baby helpers spending time, I got to get a group pic in the shop when they came to pick them up. Loves me some babies in Pee Paw's Scooter Shop....

Left to right we have Jake, Trey, Pee Paw and Carmen. You guys can figure out that all but one of my street bikes are V-Twins. Loving retirement and being Pee Paw.

Tee hee!!!!!
Just having a little fun, I’m feeling pretty frisky at the moment, but it won’t last...

You guys with big shops and wall-to-wall toolboxes make me feel inadequate sometimes, so I feel obligated to take a shot while I can!

Tee hee!!!!!
Just having a little fun, I’m feeling pretty frisky at the moment, but it won’t last...

You guys with big shops and wall-to-wall toolboxes make me feel inadequate sometimes, so I feel obligated to take a shot while I can!

Dave you are welcome to come by, the shop is temperature controlled, got comfy chairs, music, TV and general motorcycle bliss.

Dave you are welcome to come by, the shop is temperature controlled, got comfy chairs, music, TV and general motorcycle bliss.

Thanks Doug, I’ll do that just so I can watch the action. Maybe get Skinless Jim to come along - haven’t talked to him in years - and Mitch. Hey this sounds like a Party!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can get her done, Jim likes it in the scooter shop, he tells me what to do and I do it.

A simple looking project, but with some very nice details added.

I finished up installing a fairing mount properly and reassembled the RC8R so I can ride/cry with Mitch tomorrow. Looking for about 100-130 miles trying to figure out how far apart the breaks should be.

Pulled the bearings on my little 4x10 tilt trailer and packed them. Put the chocks, sides and front tie down on. In a few days I'll be hooking it to the Jeep, loading a couple bikes, a few other essentials and point it west.

Fork seal time ....View attachment 250926

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

About time you did something about that drooling fork seal. I need some fork oil or I would be hitting my Strom forks soon. Looks way way way safe as usual sir. I don't know how you plan to get those tools up off of the floor. Seems impossible to me. Maybe a magnet? It is like working on a Miata in the WMC North....hee hee. Nice work, sir. Clean that skid plate, exhaust and front of the engine while you are unimpeded. Or will I have to come over and do it? Little Mister.

Garage time, I used Mitch's coneptual design and cut pieces of 1/2 in plywood to sit up in the corners and hold my speakers. Then I got 200 ft of new wire I ordered from Amazon and wired all 4 of them puppies to my 1983 Onkyo receiver and Bob's my Uncle! I then watched a cool movie on the western channel where Orson Welles is an evil rancher and, of course, Jeff Chandler is the good guy. Loved it, great film. 1957, Man in the Shadow. Back to normal play, I also rode the RC8R 30 miles, then got in another 45 on the Super Duke. So we had wood work, movies, motorcycling. A good shop day by any standard.

I'll need those specific tools at that specific location in a couple days

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. I ain't huntin those tools up twice. Of ourse in my world, something will come up and I'll need some of them for another project, then it will be weeks before I can get back to the forks and the hardware will have miraculously grown legs and moved on.

Put some tools away from a house project yesterday, then kinda moved some stuff around and accomplished basically nothing productive because my daughter, the SIL and my 2 yo grandson came over and interrupted my garage day. Instead, it was all about the grandson climbing from bike to bike to bike. He has been able to climb up on even the full size bikes for about the past 6 months and back then I taught him how to start the track bikes with the keyless ignition, so he can't be left unattended in there. I'm perfectly okay with that interruption. ;)

I pulled the header off the easy side and sanded some rust off and put some high temp paint on. It’ll get another coat while I tackle the other side.

Attachments

• F3E59340-6F9D-4FBB-9900-1586434D411D.jpeg
    F3E59340-6F9D-4FBB-9900-1586434D411D.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 155
  • C21B0AEE-444E-4B58-990E-D9987F4C8F4F.jpeg
    C21B0AEE-444E-4B58-990E-D9987F4C8F4F.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 158
Saw the canoe, I alilways laid mine up every other side, then when I finished trim front and back for a clean bow.

I'll need those specific tools at that specific location in a couple days

So, Mitch, YOU are going to leave tools laying around your shop for a week. It will kill you, as it is unclean. Surely your OCD will win and all the tools would be restored. My comment mainly was going floor to bike. I like a table, a stool or a toolbox so I don't have to get on the floor. Of course I did the strom by backing it up on the lift and using a scissor jack so I wouldn't have to bend over...just sayin'

Back