• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What is your job?

STeve said:
And Adam, hope you realize my previous post to you was all in jest, bro

I just now read it :mrgreen: Im a big joker myself, I dont tend to take things too seriously. :chug: as, Im sure you realized my post to you was the same :mrgreen:

Adam

"Football"? What is this "football" of which you speak? :lol:

I'm an electrician and signman. I keep the lights (and your computers) burnin', and I help you find the bike-shops and beer-joints.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents in ... I am the Finance Manager for a pharmaceutical wholesale company here in Springfield, MO. I oversee Accts Payble, Accts Receivable and the Credit department. I also handle all cash flow as well as prepare financial statements and all that good junk. This is just the beginning. ;-) I know, I know. Everyone is jealous of what I do ... NOT! Most everyone wonders how I make it through each day but I have to say that I love my job. Hey, somebody's gotta do it, right?

Oh, and if you ever need any drugs .... ;-) :lol:

How do you make a living

well shoot,

I have found out that this is a pretty eclectic group of professions.

I am a Computer Software Instructor for the FAA here in OKC and also a Linux Instructor for a local college here. In my off time I am trying to get my Ministry up and running. It is called YouthKwest and will be a Christian Nightclub for youth of all ages.

These are all my labors of Love.

Joe

I run a software company making computer games, second one I've started.

Prior to that I've worked at too many things to list. :)

I can see why a lot of people would sign up, even thugh this site isn't easy to just run across.

A loose knit group of statewide riders, that doesn't seem to sneer at ANY type of riding or bikes and has regular events posted runnign the gamut from dual sport, street to track days etc. seems pretty unique.

Thanks! I am glad you found us and like the site. Now go forth and spread the good news :mrgreen: And speaking of finding us, how did you?

Adios,

I was tooling around on google looking for riding groups or clubs. Everything seemed to be chaps/bandanna wearing harley folk, 99% gold wing clubs or hard core sport bikers. None of which just seemed like my kettle of tea.

Followed some link off a website, I don't remember which one after looking at so very very many sites and lists of clubs etc. Luck I guess.

I'm just a guy who's been riding since I was 15 off and on, on several brand/styles of bikes and looking for some like minded folk to go ride with on occasion. Folks that don't care what you ride and that don't ride too stupid and dangerously.

:tab One of the things that helps a site like this get noticed is when other sites link to it, especially if they are of the same kind of subject material. So if you have a website, feel free to link back to here to help spread the word. One of the biggest ways I have been attracting new members is actual face to face contact and handing them a business card with the site info. I also leave these cards on bikes when I am out running around.

:tab BluedogOK just sent me a format for some TWT cards that all the members can print. I just need to figure out if he can set it up so that folks can download them and add their own info to the cards. That way we would have some uniformity to the look of the cards but they'd still be personal with your Username and email address if you like.

Adios,

Scott,

Thats sounds really cool! I would like to be able to pass out some of those cards to some people around here in Colllege Station. Keep us posted on progress

Adam

I'm a project manager for the Harris County Traffic and Transportation Group. My educational background is in civil engineering (B.S. and M.S. one orange one maroon you figure out which is which) and I think of myself as a "traffic engineer". However, seeing as I have yet to get off my lazy a@# and get my P.E. registration with the state, I cannot officially call myself an engineer. Doing so would interfere with my riding! :chug:

Anyway, I worked for the City of Houston for 11 years, ending up as their lead traffic signal "engineer" at Houston TranStar. Had enough of that last year and made the move over to Harris County and haven't looked back. I'm responsible for all of the traffic signal systems design projects in the county and also minor roadway widening if left turn lanes need to be installed. I also keep my fingers in the signal timing biz, helping out the county's TranStar staff on arterial coordination projects from time to time. I also handle and manage a variety of miscellaneous traffic study requests.

The city still calls me all the time because no one knows what's going on over there!!! We call it "partnering"!!

So there you have it. Now don't y'all go pummeling me with questions about traffic signals (i.e. "can you set up all the signals so my motorcycle trips them") because you might not like the answers!!!!

So there you have it. Now don't y'all go pummeling me with questions about traffic signals (i.e. "can you set up all the signals so my motorcycle trips them") because you might not like the answers!!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that most traffic engineering jobs really just don't give a whole lot of consideration to motorcycles as "legit" vehicles to be concerned about. Maybe this is not true. However, when I see the kinds of crap that passes as a "road surface" it really has to make me wonder :-P Chip sealing would be the obvious big gripe.

Ron, you should move to Los Angeles. They have only a very very tiny concept of a left turn lane andleft turn only signal. When I was out there, the standard accepted practice was for the lead car in the left lane to sit in the middle of the intersection. The instant the lights turned yellow, the lead car either gassed it and made the left turn or got rear ended by the second car waiting to turn left. This was true whether the oncoming traffic looked like it was going to stop or not. Now if the third car in line tried to make it, that was considered rude driving! The rule was, two cars on the yellow, period. I cannot tell you how often I saw really nasty wrecks where the oncoming car did not stop for the yellow and plowed into the turning car!! I don't miss that place at all. The thought of riding a bike there is one of the least appealing things I can think of doing.

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
The rule was, two cars on the yellow, period. I cannot tell you how often I saw really nasty wrecks where the oncoming car did not stop for the yellow and plowed into the turning car!!

Pretty much the same in the suburbs of NY. Growing up, you just learn how to turn left like that. When I moved here, I wsa astonished at all the left turn lanes and the fact that they actually have to put a sign up saying "left turn yield on green" when there isn't an arrow. Well, DUH, how else are you going to turn left? Just plow right through???

i own a commercial insurane agency in sw houston catering to texas, louisiana, and illinois.

safeer

Well, I just got to work and dont have anything to do yet...so today, I thought I would start a random thread with a lil worth to it. I just want to say what do you do (JOB). Thought it would be interesting to see where we all come from and all the different walks of life.

I think the worth is in the job, theres a lot to come from networking within social groups. Some of us may be in the same field. Maybe we'll need help with something and we never knew the other guy that could've helped you out. I'll start:

I'm a Volunteer Coordinator (head over the volunteer program) for Catholic Charities of Southeast Texas. Its a non profit org. that helps the local community. Catholiccharitiesbmt.org

I'm a warehouse supervisor/jack of all trades for a nation wide audio visual company. We setup all the equipment for most of the trade shows around the country.

Computer programmer. I work with a small in-house team that develops custom software for our company.

There was a thread awhile ago about this but I'm sure we've since got many new members on the site.

I'm a "getter". I work for 5 attorney's and get what they need to successfully prosecute their case, oops I mean get what they need so justice is done. Sometimes, we don't prosecute.

I'm an administrative assistant in the IT department for Tarrant County gubment.

I work across the street from the Justice Center and the jail in downtown FW.

:mrgreen:

I'm a winemaker!

125100134_aePtn-M.jpg

Tannin-stained hands last from July to December:
125097474_iCyGR-M.jpg

I work for a construction / builder supply company as an estimator. We supply doors, trim [base, crown moulding, etc...] and hardware [door knobs and locks and stuff] for companies building apartments.
all I do all day is stare at blue prints and count and measure and count some more and enter numbers in a spread sheet

Vice Admiral in the Canadian Navy. In charge of Texas Recruting. Here I am on a Training Cruise.
If your looking for adventure and have a high tolerance to bitter cold, please contact me at :
1-800-GO-CANUKS.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 238
I'm a warehouse supervisor/jack of all trades for a nation wide audio visual company. We setup all the equipment for most of the trade shows around the country.

that sounds like a pretty cool job, you guys got any opening in houston. :mrgreen: I'm pretty good at working with my hands and have set up sound systems in churches before

Vice Admiral in the Canadian Navy. In charge of Texas Recruting. Here I am on a Training Cruise.
If your looking for adventure and have a high tolerance to bitter cold, please contact me at :
1-800-GO-CANUKS.

Didn't take long to go from serious to silly. :lol2:

Back