• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who does hydraulic floor jack repair?

h2000fb

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Ramsey
Who does hydraulic floor jack repair?
I have a 3 ton Craftsman #50139 floor jack that leaks oil. I am in the middle of a job and don't have time to rebuild it myself.

Does anyone know who might do repairs on these jacks? Any help on this would be great and much appreciated.

Unfortunately, it’s probably cheaper and easier to just buy a new jack. You might find parts and be able to fix it yourself, maybe. Finding a shop to do it that would have the parts? I’m not a betting man, but I would say you would probably have a better chance of going on a date with Charlize Theron.
Good luck either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it’s probably cheaper and easier to just buy a new jack.
That is what I have always done. The same goes for pallet jacks up at work. When one starts going, it just goes into the dumpster and we get another one. It would cost us more to repair than to replace.

Borrow or buy a suitable substitute to finish the job and repair the Craftsman later.
Unfortunately, that is most likely feeding the Chicom beast (harbor freight).

Unfortunately after an extensive search I too just had to get rid of the ailing jack
and buy a new one. A lot easier and cheaper alternative.

give me a bit we have a place we get ours worked on I have to get the info when I get to work, not sure the cost but it is cheaper for us to have our 30 ton jacks fixed than replaced with Chinese jacks.

This is the place we have used.
3bb1451b92f780ee01be853bf9fe58ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is there maintenance that should be done to your consumer grade floor jack? It's one of those tools I never think about until I'm using it, then when I'm done it gets put up until next time.

A couple years ago I was proud of myself and serviced all my ~20 year old still made in USA Craftsman ratchets. That felt good.

Is there maintenance that should be done to your consumer grade floor jack? It's one of those tools I never think about until I'm using it, then when I'm done it gets put up until next time.

A couple years ago I was proud of myself and serviced all my ~20 year old still made in USA Craftsman ratchets. That felt good.
fully extend the jack and make sure the shaft is clean and nothing stuck to it, with it still extended put a couple drops of three in one oil where the shaft retracts into the body and lower the jack, this lubricates the seal and shaft.
a couple drops on the pivot points as well.

The likely culprit is the larger cylindric seal on the bottom of the hydraulic shaft that actually creates the pressure. If fluid leaks past that seal, so does the pressure. Apparently it's pressure that pushes excess fluid out the seal around the shaft and onto your garage floor. I watched a YouTube video! Anyway, the critical seal is not an easily found exact match outside a kit for that specific model.

I did buy a new floor jack but am trying to discover its manufacture date. The kit referred to in one of the above posts is the best supplier of parts and it says if mfg before 2013, kit ($40) may not fit. Unless jack is stamped with mfg date, not certain if I want to invest $40 + shipping on a "maybe." Think the jack is older than that, but still, it would be nice to have two floor-jacks sometimes.

Take it apart and look. The difference in the two seals is visible looking at the kits for the date split.

Could just be a standard size o ring blown or it could be a un serviceable pump with press shrunk ends. And i dont think they start making rebuild kits for floor jacks until you get into the racing 5,3,1 pump lift jacks.

Back