• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HILL COUNTRY 2022 Texas Adventure Ride: May 27 - 30

Is it ok to op-out on Sunday around half day as I want to head back to Austin by Sunday night ? thanks

Is it ok to op-out on Sunday around half day as I want to head back to Austin by Sunday night ? thanks
Yes, it is completely fine. Just be sure to alert your group when you depart so they don't send out search and rescue to find you.

Can I still register? I already booked my room. @Trail Boss Can I paypal you or is it too late?
Me and a buddy just signed up yesterday and it was all good. When I got the hotel yesterday they said there was three rooms left. We took one, if you booked at the Best Western, you'd take one, meaning one left. Assuming others didn't sign up since yesterday.

Me and a buddy just signed up yesterday and it was all good. When I got the hotel yesterday they said there was three rooms left. We took one, if you booked at the Best Western, you'd take one, meaning one left. Assuming others didn't sign up since yesterday.
So just paypal and that is it? or how do you sing up?

So just paypal and that is it? or how do you sing up?
Yes, you can still register.

Send payment to me via paypal. Include your name, email address, and t-shirt size in a note with your payment. I will add you to the registration list and send you a confirmation email with the GPS routes attached.

If you don't receive a confirmation email from me, something went wrong. Contact me so we can correct the problem.

Anyone else riding with Dunlop Trailmix Mission tires? I am not familiar with the terrain in that area. Not sure if I should get the tires changed to be a bit more knobbish.

Best Western Hotel status: when I called them this morning, they still have 2 Single rooms and 4 Double rooms left. I believe all are upstairs.

Last edited:
Anyone else riding with Dunlop Trailmix Mission tires? I am not familiar with the terrain in that area. Not sure if I should get the tires changed to be a bit more knobbish.
When in doubt…

Not super familiar with the terrain, but from what I’ve read, I think it’s mostly level 1 & 2 stuff. There is one level 3 road out there, and I’m not sure if we are hitting it. Looks like we are crossing the James river.

Short of level 3 loose terrain, mud, and deep sand, you might be ok. I’m erroring on the side of caution and running TKC 80’s.

Last edited:
I have done it with the trailmax mission and it’s fine.

Not sure if the Best Western is sold out, but if it is, and anyone needs a room…drop me a message. My buddy is not going to be able to make it. He has a single room booked. I told him to hold off canceling for a few days to give me a chance to give everyone a head’s up. If you need a room…I will put you two in touch. He can cancel & you can book immediately after! :chug:

B650FE47-96A9-4195-BCA7-482EA77D133F.jpeg

I was out today riding around Llano and one of the locals told me that there has not been much rain in hill country. Lots of sand around creek crossings today. Photos from Sandy Creek. Do we expect to see sand on this ride ? Just curious

Mechanical issues with both dual sports, so I'm out. Non-refundable 1-king room at the Roadway Inn for Fri & Sat nights. If anyone wants it for <1/2 price at $65, PM me and we'll see if we can work it out with the motel.

Last edited:
View attachment 320836
I was out today riding around Llano and one of the locals told me that there has not been much rain in hill country. Lots of sand around creek crossings today. Photos from Sandy Creek. Do we expect to see sand on this ride ? Just curious
I’d kinda expect it to be just like that. It’s dry and hot as heck. That sand there doesn’t look deep. I think if you pick the rut or a good line you can stay out of (most) of it. I’d def have some 50/50’s on if it’s deep enough to sink your wheel down to the belly pan but I doubt if it’s that deep.

Hopefully the weather forecast holds up and the area gets some rain this week. 🤞

Looking forward to riding with everyone. Weather is going to be great for the weekend.

Back