• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another scooter ride? Already?

Sounds like another very iffy group for Sunday, but we'll be riding anyway just to get some juices flowing in our scoots. If anyone can make it, c'mon. Also, the next weekend is the End of Month (EoM) ride, and we're planning on scootering to that one, and then doing a little exploring after (see post#911), so if you can't make it this Sunday, join us for that one:

133 miles on the round trip for me. Fun fun fun! I think I’ve racked up close to 1k miles on the little PCX YTD whereas the previous 8 years I was around 3k miles total.

133 miles on the round trip for me. Fun fun fun! I think I’ve racked up close to 1k miles on the little PCX YTD whereas the previous 8 years I was around 3k miles total.
Glad you let us be a part of those miles; we sure enjoy your company. Hopefully we'll see you at the EoM ride this next weekend. :rider::eat:

Man, looks like it's gonna be some awesome weather come Sunday! Leesa (@William Wolfen)'s mom is itching to try out her new scoot, so let's oblige by doing a short ride this weekend. Same bat time (1030), same bat channel (Stripes). I'll update post #1. Hope to see y'all there!

Oh man, I’ve already got another commitment for Sunday. If it falls through I’ll let you know, but slim chance I’ll make it. Be sure and post up pics so I ‘now what I missed.

Thanks for the link. Hoping for a fresh battery to come in tomorrow for Karen's rocket. We hope to join in.

Amazon delivered. New battery installed in Rocket. Tires checked and bikes all cleaned up. See ya all in the morning.

Awesome weather, great people to spend a Sunday with, good food. What more needs to be said?

Was that some awesome riding weather today or what?!! Another great rides with great folks, and we had a blast. There were 8 fortunate souls today, and we met up at the usual spot, the ol' Sunoco in Pasadena.

PXL_20231008_154149334.jpg

We took the back roads through old La Porte, and down through Shore Acres to the east end of NASA Rd. 1. Very little traffic on Sundays always makes for some fun riding, and the pace was nice and easy. It wasn't long before we arrived at the Seabrook Classic Cafe for lunch.

PXL_20231008_164306926.jpg

The greeter was a good looking feller, and Anna almost left me for him :lol2:

PXL_20231008_164409880.MP.jpg

Food was delicious; so much so that I didn't even stop to get a pic of my apple pie a'la mode! You'll just have to trust me I guess; it was goooood!! :eat:

PXL_20231008_173502916.jpg

PXL_20231008_173500095.jpg

Of course, it's the great company that really makes or breaks these rides, and we couldn't ask for better than these

PXL_20231008_171257915.jpg

Check this out: On the way back, Anna found a street sign for Leesa that actually had her name spelt correctly! Pretty cool!

PXL_20231008_195749825.jpg

Hope everyone made it home okay, and thanks to all who attended for making this a success, and for those who weren't able to make this one, we hope you'll join us on the next. God bless, ya'll :rider:

Last edited:
Wow! Wish I didn’t miss this one. Perfect weather, and looks like y’all had slot of fun. I’m in for the next one though!

Wow! Wish I didn’t miss this one. Perfect weather, and looks like y’all had slot of fun. I’m in for the next one though!
Yeah, we missed you. We probably won't be doing another one before the Tiddler Run, so guess we'll see you there.

Happy New Year, Scooters! Man, it's been awhile since we've gotten together, eh? This next Sunday (7th) is looking like it might be a decent day, so anyone up for taking a spin?

Back