• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Centerville- Crockett area

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Guillote
Don't usually make it this far down the post but!!!!

The centerville 300 ride has more cemeteries than you can count while
zipping around[50-100-more].From small[2] to large.Dates going back to the 1800's.

Just throwing this out there.Any questions I'll try to help.

:tab You can pretty much count on at least 2-3 little cemeteries for every town on the map that actually has a name shown, even if it is in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road. Often times, I have come upon cemeteries that were just one or two families with dates going back to the late 1700's at the earliest. There is one here just outside of Huntsville with a Methodist circuit minister that was born in the mid 1700's and died in the early 1800's. There are also a lot of War of 1812 vets. I enjoy checking out the names. When we were trying to come up with names for the kids, I was visiting quite a few of the little cemeteries in the area. When I first got my GPS, the TOPO maps used to show every single tiny cemetery. When I later added City Select to my Mapsource install, for some reason the cemeteries stopped displaying and I can't figure out if it is just a setting that is changed or if they just removed that info :shrug: I used to plan my rides around visiting the cemeteries.

Back