• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Just a note of caution, Emma Long is pretty far past the appropriate environment for the KLR. I've gone out there on my 98 KLR and it was a butt kicking.

The gen2 KLR's are even heavier, so only try it once your very confident on your bike. I know my 2011 KLR ain't going there!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thanks guys, I've ridden my DRZ supermoto there with road tires. Been there on my XR650 and my CRF. Ive been there with a guy from San Antonio who was on a 1st Gen KlR. He did drop it a lot but he was a new rider. Just jonesing for my first ride back and Emaa is so close and free. But it would be my last choice seeing how my bike is looking good right now. But sooner or later ill take it there. Any suggestions for some wide open dirt? Of course coming from Cali I already know there isn't any thing very long but there were some decent long roads I did on group rides back in 07, any info is appreciated.

It may be free. But the damage to your plastic parts will be very expensive.

But this guy makes it look so easy. I want to try it myself, but I don't want to break my bike.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owi-KWIxHfM"]Motorbiking at Emma Long Park (Austin TX) - YouTube[/ame]

I would check out hidden falls off 1431. My buddy rides his klr out there. They have over 3000 acres and tons of trails

Now I have to work Sunday !! ****! I can ride Friday.

Now I have to work Sunday !! ****! I can ride Friday.

I'm going to check out Hidden Falls this Friday if you and anyone else is interested.

Found this old pic of my Supermotos at Emma long. Prolly back in 07 or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
What time Friday? I get off work in the morning and could be out there by 930-1000. Haven't been out to hidden falls in quite a while.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What time Friday? I get off work in the morning and could be out there by 930-1000. Haven't been out to hidden falls in quite a while.

You working all night? I work a 12hr Thursday night in Georgetown Hospital. Off at 0730. Could stay up some. Emma is closer to my bed. HF about 45 min each way.

Yeah today is 24 hour shift. Its a pretty slow station (most of the time) so I should get some sleep. I'm down for whatever... Emma long may work out better for me since I have to be back at house early afternoon for a thing with my wife.

I'm going to pack the bike in the truck now. If we go to Emma or HF, I'll be ready. I can drive straight to HF from Georgetown and save myself some wasted time by not having to go into austin/home. I can be at either one at 0830-0900

Another benefit of Emma.....free vs $25 at HF.
Going to sleep. I'll check this when I wake up ( around 17:30)

I'm gonna check out Hidden Falls tomorrow. It opens at 9 so I'll prolly get there soon after. I'm gonna ride out and back. I'll try my luck there with the KLR first before I take it to Emma's.
hope to see you guys there if not no worries have a fun safe ride.

Due to my time constraints I'm leaning more toward Emma Long. What time do you think you will be there Vinny?

Due to my time constraints I'm leaning more toward Emma Long. What time do you think you will be there Vinny?

Well, now there is low census at the hospital. I'm off tonight. That let's me ride as long as I want tomorrow. Can you be there at 0800? We could do a couple of laps and then I can load back up and head to HF.
Or, we could head to HF early and leave by noon since it's going to be hot by then.

0800 would be pretty ambitious for EL... I would be down for HF but would have to leave by 1400 or so. I would be able to be at HF pretty close to 0900. So HF then?

0800 would be pretty ambitious for EL... I would be down for HF but would have to leave by 1400 or so. I would be able to be at HF pretty close to 0900. So HF then?

HF it is! I'll be there when they open. Parking in back by the showers area(area B I think). Silver Dodge dakota with red Gasgas 450cc.:rider:

If I get off on time and get all my stuff together I should be there when they open up. Black Toyota tundra and orange 450.

Meet MedicJeff and Vinny out at Hidden Falls. Good times, thanks for showing me around and helping through the rough stuff and waiting for me on those occasions. Ill edit the video and post it up. Been busy moving in still, sorry for the delay.

I'm thinking on riding Emma Long in the morning ( Thursday) . Post and we can arrange to meet. I'm thinking early, before the heat:giveup:.

Back