• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Do you think one of these is good for a newbie offroader? Never done any technical riding, was looking into a 350 as a start, but these are much cheaper.

the current sur ron is kinda small for the average rider ....I'm 5'5", it fits me...barely.

so if you're over 5'9", I think the knockoff version, the Talaria Sting, has a larger frame .

There's a new Sur ron coming right around the corner...they leaked it just the other day.. looks like the largest of them all, and they're moving away from MTB components into more traditional dirtbike components.

the current sur ron is kinda small for the average rider ....I'm 5'5", it fits me...barely.

so if you're over 5'9", I think the knockoff version, the Talaria Sting, has a larger frame .
At 6' 4", this is one of the things that has been keeping me from getting more serious. Especially because bar risers don't look like they are easy to install.

My KTM 350 XCF-W dry weight is ~235 lbs. The Storm Bee which looks to be similar to the 2.0 above is ~230 lbs. so not much different in weight.

I think I'll continue to wait until the market is a little more mature with more options.

Clicky:

"A" LINE

RETIREE LINE

:sun:
20220924-140353.jpg

yea, i'm looking forward to using this ebike in summertime for sure. say goodbye to that temp needle climbing into the red zone.

Going to take the RV to camp by the river at Emma. Taking the bike too. Will be riding tomorrow (friday). Figure around 11 or so. Might even ride a bit Saturday morning. Definitely plan on riding Sunday at Rustys ranch.

Looks like it rides more like a mtb than mc. Pretty bouncy ride. But looks fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dao
I think I have more fun on the electric at EL. Anything longer (HF) and battery is gone too quick. Good thing is it charges quick too.

Been working on this for a while. PB. Dead engine start, hard lines, including upper loop.

Figure only a few on here would get it.

Told my wife and she gave me a puzzled look and said “that’s great.”

Attachments

• 3751988C-8E99-424E-A5AB-99BDED69271F.jpeg
    3751988C-8E99-424E-A5AB-99BDED69271F.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 85
Been working on this for a while. PB. Dead engine start, hard lines, including upper loop.

Well, I wish I could do the main loop with the top loop in 25:40. That 'aint ever gonna happen. :-)

That 12.8 average speed? If so that seems pretty awesome for photos I've seen of EL.

My previous best. My distance is coming from Garmin watch or iPotato tracking. Usually just looking at the time as the path is the same. If anyone knows the actual that would be nice to know.

Attachments

• CC9CA623-0AA0-42F1-A071-2D334E771486.png
    CC9CA623-0AA0-42F1-A071-2D334E771486.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 72
  • A118B674-8EF6-47ED-95BF-164DFA7EBD5E.png
    A118B674-8EF6-47ED-95BF-164DFA7EBD5E.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 78
big austin group came out to play yesterday. epic weather! couldn't ask for better conditions.
20221214-161848.jpg

in that group, at least 4 bikes were electric.
IMG-20190223-174158330-HDR.jpg

two had clutches.

I tested this one around the parking lot. 170ish lbs... That clutch is sweet~!
Electric-Motion-ePure-Race-Trials-Bike.jpg

another rider yesterday brought this one to the party. After test riding the trials version, this E-scape is what I would rather get to replace/compliment my surrron with . It's got a much stronger, bigger battery, so longer range, but weighs above 200 lbs.
Electric-Motion-eScape-Trials-Bike-left-side.jpg

And....coming in 2023....
The highly anticipated Sur ron ULTRA BEE
Bigger frame, bigger battery, longer range & power, real moto suspensions, wheels, brakes=189 lbs!
Comes w/ full street lights. LEGIT - No more hooligan .

Vinny, you ready to upgrade ?

THE FUTURE IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!

20221214-170305.jpg

Last edited:
Back