• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

For you "Cheeseburger" riders, Stubblefield bridge

The progress Walker County has made so far, repairing the bridge.
Pk_b4i_q_Q6yCGpzr61xhQJBMA=w847-h635-no?authuser=0.jpg

3rQLAmJWse88QRslC9hrazHY9w=w847-h635-no?authuser=0.jpg

As an aside, there was one of Walker County's finest about two tenths of a mile up from the bridge, taking a bio-break outside his cop type vehicle. After I passed, he must have zipped up and came down to investigate. Once he saw I wasn't trying to Evil Knievel the bridge, he turned around and waited for me at the aforementioned place of urination.

The progress Walker County has made so far, repairing the bridge.
View attachment 268476

As an aside, there was one of Walker County's finest about two tenths of a mile up from the bridge, taking a bio-break outside his cop type vehicle. After I passed, he must have zipped up and came down to investigate. Once he saw I wasn't trying to Evil Knievel the bridge, he turned around and waited for me at the aforementioned place of urination.
Looks about the same as the last time I was there months ago. A bit more overgrown, but they haven't done any work. What a joke.

A couple of things, first don't blame our county, this is a USFS contract, not county. 2nd, article said contract accepted and completion date, not work started yet. We can only hope. Lol

Last edited:
A couple of things, first don't blame our county, this is a USFS contract, not county. 2nd, article said contract accepted and completion date, not work started yet. We can only hope. Lol

Sorry, I thought this was a joint county/federal responsibility, that the county didn't want to participate in. My bad, no offense intended.

Sorry, I thought this was a joint county/federal responsibility, that the county didn't want to participate in. My bad, no offense intended.
No offense and you're correct, at some point they were involved it seems. Been a lot of politics on this one.

Reading one of the old articles, Walker County was responsible for maintenance. But in reading other articles Walker isn't mentioned in any of the funding and engineering of new one. May be it'll get done anyway.

A few years prior to Harvey, a major storm washed out some culverts on FR215. Other than that period, I used that route from 149/1375/215/1374 into Huntsville for most of the years I worked at SHSU. In the Huntsville Item archives is a letter to the editor I submitted, supporting the prior area commissioner. At that time, the county was a potentially sharing some of the rebuild cost.
I don't care who ultimately pays the bill, just fix it!!! We have been jacked around way too long.

Drove by the road towards Stubblefield bridge today. Signs of progress. The road to the bridge has been reconditioned, getting ready for pavement, it looks like. Most progress I have seen since they put up the original barriers.
rtjBhRCoZCEnIk87o6tseJ4iFg=w847-h635-no?authuser=0.jpg

Well that's something, lol. You go see Glenn?

I have been meaning to cruise down that way to look over the situation. That road improvement and the equipment in the background hopefully means our bridge has a future!!! HOPE,HOPE,HOPE!!!

I know we've been here before but maybe. They've redone the road up to it.

Back