• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heading out

The bike has had a little stumble when coming on the throttle. It happens when I'm close to the coast. I dropped the clip one groove and perfecto.

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_073903045.jpg
    IMG_20220514_073903045.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 118
I'm sure glad that you are taking all of us on this epic ride of yours, Dennie! And it is incredible to me that you are making trip on your DRZ. :rider:
Your welcome. I'll do a proper ride report when I get back to Texas. The DRZ is great because I like to do Jeep roads also.

Dion Warwick sang, "Do you know the way to San Jose, I've been away so long, I may go wrong.". If she didn't go by way of Del Puerto Canyon Road and San Antonio Valley Road, then she went the wrong way.
I've only been on it one time and that was in the work cage as I commuted from my home in Modesto to my stores in San Jose. Even though I was driving I thought I was going to get car sick. Yes, an ideal motorcycle road.

Mt hamilton road is the best way. Ride past lick observatory. Cheez lives on the backside towards livermore. I grew up on the road. 360 turns in 19 miles to the summit. Then repeat going down the other side. Hit antipasto deli in east sj just before going up tell nick or gino the riding owners that ed baker sent you there :-)

Mt hamilton road is the best way. Ride past lick observatory. Cheez lives on the backside towards livermore. I grew up on the road. 360 turns in 19 miles to the summit. Then repeat going down the other side. Hit antipasto deli in east sj just before going up tell nick or gino the riding owners that ed baker sent you there :-)
Will he get a discount ? :)

I rode Mt Hamilton, but I didn't ride towards Livermore. I guess I lost out there. Next up is Highway 1 south to ??.

Next campground was 4.4 miles away. I pulled in just in time to snap this picture of the lake. Campsites on the lake with flush toilets, tables and hot shower. $10. I'm glad the previous campground wasn't $40 because I would have paid that much since it was getting late.
IMG_20220516_202046170_HDR.jpg

One explanation given was, "You are to this tree as a mouse is to an average size house.

Jason, you know that you have been desensitized when you ride by a 10' or 12' tree and don't pay any attention. It takes a grove that size to draw my attention. One of the signs by the Sherman tree says that if the tree was turned into that same volume of water and was used for a daily bath, it would last 27 years.

Last edited:
In Bakersfield. Heading back to Death Valley. I forgot something. I had to come back south because Tioga Pass is still snowed in.

Slot canyons are beautiful IMO.

Back