• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Heading out

One with perspective. Container ship with railroad cars stacked. Probably all empty judging by how high in the water it's riding.
IMG_20220509_175826642_HDR.jpg

Cool pix
Wait, is that Humphrey the whale I see?
Nah, I'm behind the camera.

Heading towards Yosemite.
Man you will need a tyre change before you return home. You aren't missing anything but hot and dry in our area. Enjoying the adventure report. What was the Golden Gate Temp?

Last edited:
If you cruise down the peninsula take a gander at Alice's on Skyline (just west of Woodside). It's a great stop and a pretty way to head south before you cross the valley.

Dave.

Man you will need a tyre change before you return home. You aren't missing anything but hot and dry in our area. Enjoying the adventure report. What was the Golden Gate Temp?
I did one already. I started with a little more than 4,000 miles on the tires, so I had tires sent to a nephew's house in Reno. I really wanted to let someone else change them, but Johnny at Reno Cycles quoted $808.00. I did them for $365.00. The temp at the GG lookout was around 55*. That was at 6:00 or 6:30.

If you cruise down the peninsula take a gander at Alice's on Skyline (just west of Woodside). It's a great stop and a pretty way to head south before you cross the valley.

Dave.
I didn't even cross the bridge. I'm trying to avoid freeways as much as possible. I hope to have enough time to do the coast south of San Francisco.

Nice, when I was there in September it was so dry that none of the waterfalls were running. Bet the falls just make that place all the more amazing.

View attachment 320067
Gixxer, it's so amazing sometimes I ride past a clearing in the trees, look into the valley and just start laughing. I did the same thing along highway 1 along the coast.

I'm here and it's unreal to me.
So much this when you are there. It's like Disney built it, but better than that.

Gixxer, it's so amazing sometimes I ride past a clearing in the trees, look into the valley and just start laughing. I did the same thing along highway 1 along the coast.
It definitely makes you giddy out there. Makes it worth all that time spent riding across Texas.

Youre in my old stomping grounds. Some of the nicest roads that you can find for motorcycling. Too many to ride on a single trip. My father used to drive a school bus on the feather river canyon. He was 19 when he graduated form college and started his teaching career while driving the school bus too. You probably see a bit of fire damage here and there I'd imagine. Glad you made the trip this year. Might not be much back country left after the fires coming this summer.

Dion Warwick sang, "Do you know the way to San Jose, I've been away so long, I may go wrong.". If she didn't go by way of Del Puerto Canyon Road and San Antonio Valley Road, then she went the wrong way.

Back