• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mextrek #18 "Remembering Pelo Loco aka Day of the Dead" Oct 28 to Nov 5 2023

Registered a month or so ago. I have WhatsApp, but have not received any messages. please advise.

Having watched @MarkyMark video of #17, are the dirt roads similar in challenge for #18?
Those roads are the bread'n'butter of the day-long dirt routes out of Santiago and Galeana. You can always seek out easier and harder routes, with similar rewards, but those are the most popular. I can't comment on the additional routes that Rich is considering, but I would expect them to be about the same, if a little easier.

also, I might as well link it here too

I've always wanted to make one of these but that's finishing up right at the season opener for whitetail this year and I simply can't miss that. Maybe next time but I look forward to the AAR.

I'm in! Looking forward in riding in Mexico again...

This is Steve, I'm signed up for the full trip.

Greetings!
Looking to register (first mextrek, solo rider).
Just checking to see if there’s still available space. I saw that there was a limit of 24 noobs. How many people are signed up in total?

I joined TWT this year and I’ve ridden Big Bend (stayed at the Peter Resort in Terlingua) and the Ozark Escape in Arkansas. I did both those with my dad @Cardude but he’s not too keen on going to Mexico so I’ll be on my lonesome this trip but that has its own benefits.

Really grateful for all the geezers in here putting in the work to bring riders together.

Greetings!
Looking to register (first mextrek, solo rider).
Just checking to see if there’s still available space. I saw that there was a limit of 24 noobs. How many people are signed up in total?

I joined TWT this year and I’ve ridden Big Bend (stayed at the Peter Resort in Terlingua) and the Ozark Escape in Arkansas. I did both those with my dad @Cardude but he’s not too keen on going to Mexico so I’ll be on my lonesome this trip but that has its own benefits.

Really grateful for all the geezers in here putting in the work to bring riders together.
Go ahead and register, Peter is still working on accommodations I think. Also there is a lot of people that register and cancel as the we get closer . I was your neighbor at the Peter Resort !

Go ahead and register, Peter is still working on accommodations I think. Also there is a lot of people that register and cancel as the we get closer . I was your neighbor at the Peter Resort !
Yes! You have the sweet skateboard wheels on your T7 right? It was actually hearing you talk about Mextrek at Big Bend that got me interested.

TripleBilly, "Really grateful for all the geezers in here putting in the work to bring riders together."

Geezers!? Whut chew talkin bout, Willis?

Registered & paid via Venmo!

And I've just been reviewing upcoming work travel and have come to the conclusion my work travel calendar is conflicting with this trip to MX.. Last one to register, first one to bail out - a rather dubious distinction.. Have fun and be safe fellas!

Thank you

I rode my bike and left it in Houston so I can get there if I can find out some details.

I am trying to register but cannot upload anything to do so? .

I want to register
I want to know if it is a lot of offroad
I want to know if it is camping or hotels. I gather from your note that it is hotels - great!

Scott 757 692 9859
bartow_s@msn.com

Appreciate any help on this!

Hi
How did you register, I cannot seem to do so.

any chance of sending me a registration?

Thanks
Scott
Scott,

There is a registration link in the first post of this thread. Click it and it will take you to the registration page.

Sadly, this even is not in the cards for me. Holiday season + short handed at work + weddings = no Mexico for Bill.
I hate the result but the math doesn’t lie

Does this even happen on a regular basis? Is it always this time of year?

Sadly, this even is not in the cards for me. Holiday season + short handed at work + weddings = no Mexico for Bill.
I hate the result but the math doesn’t lie

Does this even happen on a regular basis? Is it always this time of year?
Previous trips are detailed in the original post. April and October

Back