• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oh...My...Goodness...

I don't know if I would race it, but I sure would like to play on it at the track... :twisted:

Heh, heh...move over Monster; there's a new hooligan in town!

Gotta lose the beak though. Otherwise, the rest of the hooligan bikes will pick on it.

Nice scoot....really nice.

Last edited:
Okay, like I said, I didn't think Ducati intended a "dirt bike" with this thing. Well, they've blasfamized (is that a word?) the motard concept by putting a street motor in a motard chassis. It is not really dirt capable, of course, but it retains the motard asphalt manors (aka hooligan manors) with more power at the throttle than a dirt thumper.

Not being a power crazy kid, I'd as soon have a dirt thumper motor, but lots of folks, no doubt, long for this sort of thing. If it were to take off, we might see a "busa motard" before it's all over. :rolleyes: It's the American way, ya know, no such thing as too much.

Taking advantage of the compactness and agility of a traditional supermotard, Ducati has upped the ante with potent street power thanks to a new air-cooled twin engine. The front of the bike is as slim and compact as a single cylinder, in part thanks to the engine layout, but also due to the absence of weighty cooling radiators.

The Ducati Hypermotard takes-on urban canyons and attacks mountain curves with total abandon. High performance starts with attitude. Pared down to its essentials, the Ducati Hypermotard is an extreme performance, over-the-top motorcycle. Its purpose is single minded – to thrill.

No mention of dirt in that design concept.

pretty but as said before to rich for this counry boy in his work a day world. I just can't justify paying some mechanic a couple of hundred every 5 K miles to check the valves. I would like the poster version though, to put right next to all those other things that I can't afford. 8-)
thumb2_05_moto72.jpg

photos.htm

Last edited:
DaveC said:
... I just can't justify paying some mechanic a couple of hundred every 5 K miles to check the valves.
Ah! But the beauty of this new Duc is that it's got the air-cooled 2-valve motor, so valve checks are actually pretty simple on it. Check them every 6k or so, then after @ 18k the valves typically take a set and you rarely ever need to replace shims again.

DaveC said:
pretty but as said before to rich for this counry boy in his work a day world. I just can't justify paying some mechanic a couple of hundred every 5 K miles to check the valves.

might want to do a bit mroe research before you make claims like this...it's every 6k RECOMENDED....

now who here does EVERY recomended maintenance thing on their bike in the first place?! I don't hear people complaining about the BMWs, and their RECOMENDED maintenance schedules are roughly the same....

not to mention, checking valves on a 2v air colled desmo motor is super simple!

scratch said:
Ah! But the beauty of this new Duc is that it's got the air-cooled 2-valve motor, so valve checks are actually pretty simple on it. Check them every 6k or so, then after @ 18k the valves typically take a set and you rarely ever need to replace shims again.

i'm glad that someone else finally realizes this....and isn't stuck in the past in all of those magazine articles they read....lol

and Jack - it's pretty apparent by the name that Ducati gave the thing that they are creating a niche market, it's not ment to be a supermotard, thus the HYPERmotord name, I swear, I've never seen someone [expletive removed], moan, whine and complain about so many things that they have no gounds to do so on! All of your comments are unfounded! So the Ducs aren't for you! SO WHAT! But to sit here and degrade all of us that own them as being 'in love with going into debt' etc is completely uncalled for. Man, you sure are bitter, aren't you?!

I know that if I said many of the same things about some japanese bike that you ride as you have said about ducs, I would get all kinds of comments (like I have when I said the japanese bikes are generic to me) about how I'm not justified, etc. etc.

appreciate the fact that people like different things than you, that different things exist for a reason...

why by a ferrari when you could build a honda civic to do the same things, right?

:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
DucGirl said:
might want to do a bit mroe research before you make claims like this...it's every 6k RECOMENDED....

now who here does EVERY recomended maintenance thing on their bike in the first place?! I don't hear people complaining about the BMWs, and their RECOMENDED maintenance schedules are roughly the same....

not to mention, checking valves on a 2v air colled desmo motor is super simple!

We all know them BMW owners are the RUBs that don't ride H/D:nana: They pay a bunch of money for two wheels because they can! Other than the fact that I can no longer bend like a pretzel to ride:-D . I am also spoiled as my regular maintance is changing the oil and putting air in the tires. Seems some one is touchy about their Duc!:-P. I have Scottish blood and I squeek when I walk when it comes to partin' company with my money. It is still a pretty bike, as most of the designs that come out of Milan.

DaveC - you are absolutely right - I'm pretty touch about a lot of things though, it all boils down to hypocrites though, no matter what the subject, I just can't stand them....lol

:)

DaveC said:
We all know them BMW owners are the RUBs that don't ride H/D:nana: They pay a bunch of money for two wheels because they can! Other than the fact that I can no longer bend like a pretzel to ride:-D . I am also spoiled as my regular maintance is changing the oil and putting air in the tires. Seems some one is touchy about their Duc!:-P. I have Scottish blood and I squeek when I walk when it comes to partin' company with my money. It is still a pretty bike, as most of the designs that come out of Milan.

Wow this has turned in to brand bashing Thread:shock:
I own a Ducati was my 1st brand new bike, paid less than $8,000.00 for it. I love that bike now it is project mode and I can't wait to get it back on the road. I also own a BMw, a GS my second new bike, I worked at a dealership a year and a half so I could get an employee discount. I don't own a car or truck, I just ride so the money I spend on bikes is less than a good car.

Do Ducati's take a little more maintance time, yes but I think they are worth it and I work on my own vehicles so the cost isn't much. My GS requires regular checkups too but that is okay. Jap bikes don't do it for me, I like what they do and how they have made others explore what a bike is, but they are not my thing.

But to say that those who own BMWs or DUCs are RUBs is insulting.:angryfire

Let's all take a deep breath, calm down and just admire the beauty of the bike for a moment -

111505top.jpg

Ahhh...

I know I feel better now! :mrgreen:

scratch said:
Let's all take a deep breath, calm down and just admire the beauty of the bike for a moment -

111505top.jpg

Ahhh...

I know I feel better now! :mrgreen:
Answer:Ticket Please!
Question: What the ride operator says to you or what you say to the policeman after being suduced into the hooliganisms that this would make you do!
i_01_800.jpg

Nice Buell hand guards there. :D

Must say as a self professed ultimate Bueller, I REALLY like that Duc. It is pretty darn sweet.

By the way Jack, ever bother to look into the ACTUAL price of Ducatis? They are not ALL so expensive, in fact, I believe I paid more for my Buell than a Monster costs......

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh - I just felt my heart rate drop there....pictures are nice...

:)

there are plenty of bikes out there with handgards....namely BMWs....lol :)

heh - well careful, there are quite a few people on here who hate anything american....because it's not japanese and all....heh

Seems to me it's okay to disagree about the motorcycle, maybe even call it names. But, in my humble opinion, the moment we start calling each other names and trying to keep each other from expressing our opinions, we lose the point of this forum.

I think the bike looks like a helluva lot of fun. However, a perusal of the list of components indicates that it probably wouldn't be one of the cheaper Duc's on the list. For myself, I could probably have just as much fun on a DRZ400SM. My backside just isn't that discerning when it comes to suspension components; all of that high-dollar hardware would just be wasted on me. As for service intervals, I don't see them as being any big thing. My ZRX calls for valve checks every 7500 miles, which isn't much more than the 6000 that Ducati calls for.

Kelly

So the Ulysses is the ruff and beaten she-male of the faux DS breed, this girl is sweet on the eye and is too pretty to play dirty with.
I bet it would fit well on the Dragon though, and have a great night life.

Pretty it is !

Yes...she's beautiful ;-)
jetblue said:
So the Ulysses is the ruff and beaten she-male of the faux DS breed, this girl is sweet on the eye and is too pretty to play dirty with.
I bet it would fit well on the Dragon though, and have a great night life.

Pretty it is !

and Jack - it's pretty apparent by the name that Ducati gave the thing that they are creating a niche market, it's not meant to be a supermotard, thus the HYPERmotord name,

What am I moaning about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I'm answering a few that suggest it might be a "dirt bike", joking about the bash plate being the pipes underneath. Well, I was just pointing out it's NOT INTENDED BY DESIGN TO BE A DIRT BIKE! Stop being so touchy. Dang, you don't need to justify owning and eccentric bike! It's the American way! Why else would Harleys be so popular!?

Back