• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

South of DFW Run - April 22, 2017 - UPDATED GPX AND MAP

I just heard about this ride two days ago from a guy I met in the Meridian Post Office parking lot. You guys will be playing in my Bosque County sandbox! I'll be out and about tomorrow and hope to run into you somewhere along the way.

As far as the roads go, unless we get a lot of rain tonight, there's no need to worry about slick mud. I'm hoping we get a quick, light rain tonight because the roads have already become pretty dusty. The pics that were posted a few days ago of mud have probably dried up by now - it doesn't take very along, especially with the wind we've had lately.

BigDave, were you at the Simple Simon's pizza joint in Meridian yesterday with a KTM 950 parked outside? I should've stopped in to introduce myself, but I was pressed for time. You might have seen me pass by on a green KLR.

Have fun, be safe, and maybe our paths will cross!

Leaving White Rock (Dallas) area at 0630 with one other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be leaving Arlington around 7

Turkey trip is on hold at the moment. I'm a possible. Don't wait for me. I'll catch y'all if I get out of it.

I'm still in. Starting point for me will be north of Addison and am planning on sprinting down the tollway and 35 to the meetup point in Waxahachie. I'll probably be leaving promptly at 6:45and it's about 50 minutes straight down the tollway and 35 to Waxahachie at the meet up so I'm still determining what kind of mileage I am getting now that it's been re-jetted so I am dealing with an unknown quantity there. I'll probably top off along the way to get a feel for the mpg's and then top off when I get there, so I am just trying to plan doing that without delaying the start time. I'm just going to bring my water pack and the oem tool kit this time around. I've gotta figure out a better day pack for the DR but trying to figure it out starting at midnight tonight wasn't going to give me a winning solution.

It sounds like it's not going to be any place where we'll be hitting too far off the beaten path so I'll risk not having tire tools this go round. Maybe just the patch kit with the CO2 inflator.

I'll also be on my Sena SMh-10 when I get there so we can sync up and I can hang around the middle of the group to help extend range if need be.

Im running late guys.. 15 or 20 after ok? Im coming anyhow.
817-201-4296

Were trying.. we lost you guys around whitney.. were headed 22 and going to pick up some roads around there

I am going to do a make up ride next week out there. Had some last minute things come up (wife, kids). Let me know if it is great and if there is anyone that wants to go with 2 of us already next Saturday.

Fantastic ride today. Thanks Chris for doing this. I think we had 3 or 4 water crossings, some dual track and lots of dirt.

On the water crossing over the cement bridge, I think 4 riders went down. Slicker than snot, couldn't even walk it.

Chris, your pace was perfect.

Congrats on your wedding tomorrow....if she shows up...lol

8a81d2a38402b9b107a75d64a6077234.jpg

The 269 miles included my trip back home. I started the counter in waxahachi.

23f6f1c336b739c7ab1803ae82bc525c.jpg

16c124e7f7961ef56420ff7851c02ce4.jpg

Look at that slick nc700 with all those narley dirt bikes!

89d9d27f47582c37acc29e649e8c78c5.jpg

Last edited:
Early in the day, we had one section of 6" of pea gravel, that was probably the toughest part.

b247623b6a75dd6903a34344284d2ba4.jpg
9c55901773fc2e7f09196ad8929daebc.jpg
64d9d352a580222b0c5b6f649866bb76.jpg
well gents I really appreciate u all posting your updates look like it was a decent ride and I really look forward to making it next time - quite honestly I have to work up my nerve but I'm glad u all had a great time - here are a couple pics of my daughter and I who found a gpx file we decided to take out by cleburne!
a7b7d5d4ccdc7f8a7d4d3603195aa02d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just a few. My batts died early and it looks like i missed most the good ones...
Had a great ride today! Im glad we got to finally find you guys in Clifton. Thanks for leading Chris, you did a great job!
Im wind beaten!! [emoji43]

Im def in. You will be good on most everything but the muddy sections. Even then, with care and momentum you should be fine. But i totally understand on the comfort level thing. Im not that far ahead of you. You do what you feel safe doing because its not worth getting yourself hurt over.
But a good way to find out whay your tires can and cant do, is to get them bad boys out there! Lol! [emoji41]

Snapp hit me up some time so we can ride - hope to ready and confident enough for the next trip out !

b247623b6a75dd6903a34344284d2ba4.jpg
9c55901773fc2e7f09196ad8929daebc.jpg
64d9d352a580222b0c5b6f649866bb76.jpg
well gents I really appreciate u all posting your updates look like it was a decent ride and I really look forward to making it next time - quite honestly I have to work up my nerve but I'm glad u all had a great time - here are a couple pics of my daughter and I who found a gpx file we decided to take out by cleburne!
a7b7d5d4ccdc7f8a7d4d3603195aa02d.jpg

Awesome! Looks like you guys had a good time!

Awesome! Looks like you guys had a good time!

Not
As much as U guys but it's been nice

Last edited:
WOW. What a great day and ride. Thanks to all who made it so much fun. Chris, great planning. And thanks to Gary for our bridge break tool talk. More in the future I hope.

Steve

Back