• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tejas 1300 - International Adventure Ride

I discontinued my Texas Adventure website, which is where the gpx files were hosted. If you will send me an email I will gladly send the gpx file to you. richgibbens1@gmail.com

Dang, thanks for the reminder that I was supposed to shut down the TARA forum sections and move that content to the regular DS forums. That has been done.

This makes me think, what will happen to this site in the yrs to xome?

Hard to say. It costs money to keep a site like this up and running. It costs WAY more time to keep a site like this up and running. I don't know if I would be willing to sell out to an individual, perhaps one of those corporate outfits that has been buying up all the forums, or just shut it down. I would hate to see it go the way of so many other forums with tons of advertising that makes it annoying to even visit the site. I'll keep it up as long as I can or until folks stop coming...

IMG-20230719-WA0004.jpg
In Boquillas del Carmen, we didn't find any gas, or at least no one that was willing to sell us any. But we did stay 2 nights here...

20181003_193434.jpg
and eventhou the owner Maria Falcon wasn't there, her neighbor (left in charge) from across the street came running up offering lodging n dinners. No hot water thou cold showers were welcomed cuz these were hot sept nights. And with no A/C, the rooms were too stuffy. But they weren't opposed to us taking the mattresses up to the open sky terrace.
20181003_193702.jpg

20181003_193727.jpg

You can't beat this view towards Boquillas Big Bend over the Rio Grande at sunset.
20181003_193823.jpg

Again, from their terrace.

Back