• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Teleconverters?

I've got the 2x Nikon one and rarely use it. When I do, I see a slight degrade in image quality - but only when I 'pixel peep' as Duke calls it. Also, they only work with certain lenses, so make sure it's compatible with what you want to use first.

I have had several over the years and they are OK unless you want perfection. They used to half the light too. F5.6 becomes f11.

I have had several over the years and they are OK unless you want perfection. They used to half the light too. F5.6 becomes f11.

That was the biggest challenge I had with it when I had one with my old AE-1.

I have the 2.0iii and the 1.4iii (nikon) and like scott I can see just ever so much a bit of image degradation when using the 2.0 on my 70-200 f/2.8. When using the 1.4 I don't see any noticeable difference even while pixel peeping :)

Make sure you verify the comparability of the lens you wish to put a TC on, you wouldn't want your rear element to have a head on collision with the TC's front element!

Here is a quick chart of the effect a TC will have on my 70-200 f/2.8 and my 80-400 f/4~5.6.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.17.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 2.17.57 PM.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 271
Back