• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

throttle body removal

Reaction score
Any one have any tips on getting these out of the bike. Attempting to remove the secondaries but not getting very far. I'm using the Holeshot stage 2 instructions as a guide, but not sliding out without a major fight. Havnt found another write up yet....

Well done B21.

I think the biggest issue is getting the throttle body venturis in and out of the rubber boots. Move and hold back the airbox as far as possible when taking them out, and I used large clamps on either side to help seat them when returning them.

img_1313.jpg

Local heat on the butterfly screws is also a big help, small pencil type butane torch/gas gun is what I used.

Looking back after it was finished it was a surprisingly easy procedure.

Well I mucked something up! :doh: Got everything buttoned up, Holeshot Supertuner installed. Hit starter button....wont start/stay running. I went over the tuner connections ....everything looks right, seated properly. Looked at every hose and electrical connection.... Disconnected the tuner box (connected the injectors back to stock). Still won't start, ran my battery low. So, I know it is not the connections dealing with the tuner, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the throttle body removal/install? Battery is charging, I'm leaving it alone for a bit. I hate when I take a great perfectly good running bike and turn it into something that won't start!

The bike is up and running, but I have battery issues. Guess it it time to research what light weight batteries are compatible with my battery tender.

I just went to Batteries + and got the OEM replacement. Hopefully I will have time for some testing/fine tuning soon.

I just went to Batteries + and got the OEM replacement. Hopefully I will have time for some testing/fine tuning soon.

Let us know how it goes. I have the batteries plus replacement as well.. couldnt believe they had it in a store like that.

Yeah. Took off for work this morning and the charging system failed with in 20 mins of startup. I have not found any answers yet. So the new battery was not the fix:doh:

I'm sure you checked all the fuses, there's only the rectifier and the stator in the system. did you have a light on the dash ?

when you pulled the airbox backward, is there a chance you dislodged one of those plugs that just sit up against the battery? Those plugs are flimsily suspended and move around a bit. I do not know what they're for but they kinda just hang out there, in front of the battery... wondering if one of those couldve been forced loose when their quarters got cramped by the airbox

This is when one of those resistance meters would come in handy.. that service manual is all about it

Yeah, checked the fuses. seem good. Will take a look at plugs in font the battery tomorrow. Thanks guys

I think I might have got it, Broncsrule... Bike likes to use electrical power/ bike doesnt like to replenish electrical power/ power replensihment would come from only one source: Stator.

That plug comes off with ease on my machine, check the stator plug and I think you may solve this issue. See diagram(s)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-04-21-02-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-04-21-02-34.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot_2016-04-04-21-03-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-04-21-03-10.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 182
I'm sure you checked all the fuses, there's only the rectifier and the stator in the system. did you have a light on the dash ?

Geez skiman, you beat me to it that time... I came in thinking I was the man with my stator talk, looked up a few posts and saw your logically deduced response lol ⬆⬆⬆

I think you are right, stator plug, generator, etc...

Well I see a lot of bikes where they go bad heat kills them.
Do you have a voltage/ohm meter?

Last edited:
Hate to admit it, I do have one, no real idea how to use it properly.....

Electrical systems are not my forte

Last edited:
If you haven't seen this Suzuki has a recall for faulty voltage rectifiers.
I'm not sure if this is it. Did it run just before you installed stage 2?
This could certainly cause Battery charging issues.
This is a easy recall. Call your local Dealer with a VIN number and get the part coming in. I did this in 2011 and just showed up with the bad unit and exchanged it, swapping it out myself on the 1250.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2016/01/28/manufacturers/suzuki/suzuki-recalls-68344-motorcycles-for-battery-charging-issue/

Yeah, it ran/charged fine before the Stage 2 work. I don't believe the recall includes 07 models.

Back