• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Your two-stroke mega thread

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
We know there are a few of these street/dirt going two wheel widow makers being ridden by you great folks at TWT. Please list your ride and a picture for proof. Not to long ago most manufactures line were compromised mainly of two-strokes. Some of us older cats and collectors want you younger fellow riders to see and enjoy rides of the past. If you own a two stroke street,dual purpose,or full on dirt bike please educate your fellow riders with a picture,specs if you wish and the ups and downs of owning it. What you like and dislike if anything about it? We would really like to see your new and old RZ,RD,MACH,RM,YZ,KX,CR,KE and so on and so on pictures. Tell a story about how you came to own it. This is truly a wonderful site to teach and learn about old bikes and their owners. Have fun and lets see those blue smoked wheelie filled pictures. KP

Yamaha RZ350 Look out bad mama jama
Kawasaki KE100 in need of repairs
Yamaha YZ125 sold
Suzuki RM125 sold
Kawasaki KDX stolen
Yamaha IT 175 stolen

Attachments

• 100_8519.jpg
    100_8519.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 222
calling Rich to the white courtesy phone!!

he has a Alpha widow maker Mach IV with flat slides and expansion chambers that sounds like the Devils own chain saw of the Apocalypse!!

IMAG0172.jpg

One of the few photos of my YZ250. This bike has put the silly childish grin back on my face every time I take it for a ride in the woods. Four strokes were slowly taking it away as they became more complicated, more expensive, and more maintenance intensive. This bike truly makes it feel like I am riding a 45hp mountain bike through the trails.

Things I would do again in a heartbeat: A Rekluse clutch will be on every dirt bike I own from here on out. That thing is simply amazing with what it does. The other thing, is to keep telling myself that good suspension work is worth more than any amount of engine work. Horsepower doesn't mean a thing if you can't keep the thing on the trail. This bike's suspension is flawless with how it handles the biggest of hits, but still being soft enough to soak up the roots.

I now the current owner of a 1982 YZ250J. We (my brother and I) have own this bike since our dad purchased this bike new back in 1982. As my signature states it is a "Little Yellow Hairy Monster." It is a snaraling, biting, kicking beast that does not think twice about turning around and biting you if its not ridden right, especially in its present Supermoto guise. I love riding it. I'm not very good at it and I'm certainly not capable at riding it at its full potential.

I love bigger bikes like my KTM 950 smr but it has been a hoot when it worked right last time I took it to MSRH and unfortunately we all know that smokers work right one day and are s*** the next.

All in all I'm looking forward to the start of another track season, so that I can once again experience my YZ's body beating and bashing attitude. Unlike riding a 4 stroke riding my YZ is like getting beaten with a baseball bat repeatedly. This is indeed something that makes me chuckle when ever I sit quietly after my sesons and it has unfortunately been lost as bikes get better.

BTW With all its problems I still look back with fondness at my time riding my RZ350 Kenny Roberts Special.

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 258
I don't have pics of my YG 80 I googled this one , (to lean further I cut the foot pegs off)
71024844.AG7YTb7e.jpg

RD250 (when in doubt gas it)
rd250.jpg

, RD350 (When you think you have it leaned over you can lean it a little more),this one has the TD350 heads and chambers:clap:
bikepics-2374612-800.jpg

RD400 (rut row)
Yamaha%20RD400C%2076.jpg

and the YSR 50 WOOT (this e-bay pic is all I could find)
mzmz7k3U0G0co0X80_S2IVQ.jpg

I have pictures of my RZ and RD, but can't figure out how to insert them. Help!

My current 2stroke lineup. :rider:

CIMG1920Copy.jpg

RZ with a few of its stablemates. Original owner :trust:, bought it brand new, Waco, TX in '84. Only bike I've ever owned that's worth more now than what I payed for it! :mrgreen: Still has the Steakley Bros. Yamaha dealer license plate bracket, anyone remember them? The 'H' shape on the windscreen is Velcro for the radar detector..... which always worked but was never 100% effective. :rofl:

CIMG1922Copy.jpg

My latest KDX...('98, 2nd I've owned, sold my '94 a few yrs back).

CIMG0829Copy.jpg

In motion ...:trust: :flip:

CIMG50762-1.jpg

Rman of 237 what made you buy the red version over the bumble bee yellow? Drew

here are mine....

Attachments

• RD400.jpg
    RD400.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 229
  • RZ350.jpg
    RZ350.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 254
RD250 (when in doubt gas it)

RD400 (rut row)

I had that RD250. way too easy to loft the front wheel.
and I have a friend near Portland that has that very 400, in THAT good of shape.
she (that's right) also has a heavily modded RD350, and the Robert's 350 replica.

my list of past bikes is impossible to really put down, as I was a serious horse trader back then. never even rode a few of 'em, like a 250 Greeves that ran well, but must have had a sack of old chicken bones for a tranny. put it in gear, and things went south quickly. had an AJ's, a Zundapp, one Hodaka, two Bultaco's. man...... most of my pictures burned in an apartment fire in '82, so, no piccies, no proofie.

I'll have to find time with the scanner to get some of my remaining old pics in.
I got one with me posing by my '79 YZ125 that looks like I'm auditioning for freekin' Rollerball.
:lol2:

I had an RD350 (believe it was a '74 - purple) that came in a box from a guy for $50. Put it back together but was too into dirt bikes at the time and gave it to a friend. I do still have the College Station Yamaha metal license plate frame that was on it. My first real motorcycle was a '71 Yamaha HS1 90 cc twin cylinder two stroke street bike. Traded it for a basket case Bultaco that never ran right. Don't have any of those any more, but I do have:

Here's a picture of my 2001 CR500R engine in a 2002 CRF450R frame. This was just after I finished a ground up refresh. It now has a few rides on it.

left_sun2.jpg

One of my mostly stock 2001 CR500Rs. This photo is an older picture and the bike isn't as pristine as it looked then; it does get ridden.

DSC00759.jpg

And the other 2001 CR500R. It's apart right now. Bought it and planned to make a woods bike out of it. But, it is now waiting on a 2008 CRF450R aluminum frame that's being modified for the engine:

SD530616-1.jpg

In '87, I decided to get into motocross with a brand new '87 CR500R. I don't have any pictures of just the bike, but this is me racing the amateur MX race in the Astrodome back in '89. I fully admit I had no business there on that track but I did somehow end up with a 4th place out of 7 riders. I've been trying to find time to restore this one. I have it mostly broke down, but the swing arm shaft is stuck and I'm trying to figure out how to get it out. Heat, penetrating oil, and even a 12 ton press won't move it.

87CR500_6.jpg

Back