• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Never a Dull Moment

Hey, luckily my years of nuclear experience and US Navy training suggest that this is a valid argument and I am willing to let it go Jessee, er Jasen. LOL

I thought beer WAS the logic stream, or the logic stream at least the aftermath.
Nice work, Pee Paw!

Last edited:
I thought beer WAS the logic stream, or the logic stream at least the aftermath.

beer before logic? logic before beer?

I think I need some more logic with a whiskey chaser.

So, on the 21st they shipped my tires from Rocky Mountain ATV. I got them today! So the 2012 Strom got a set of Tourances, of course they are older than what they replaced, but fast and cheap is good too. I ain't roadracing so they will be fine.

They are eyeballing their new home.

Putting the Strom on that rear stand is a work out, I had to get my lovely bride to assist.

Took a DP break before I put the front on. The rear has 3/4 oz of weight and the front has 1/4 oz. They are within 2 grams of balancing. Good enough for a strom.

I performed the special old guy eye rotation arrow mod. Worked great. I almost pulled all my scooters over and did this one.

Seems like you are constantly working on a Strom.
But the KTMs just run and run ...

Interesting ...

Maybe that guy who used to own my other one didn't do all the stuff? LOL. Of course now I need to go scuff the strom tires to make it into a hooligan bike again.....just laying that one out there.

You need to fab up a cheater for that rear stand handle. Or, maybe shave a little off the height. Then thank Archimedes. He probably didn't discover fulcrums and levers but he take a lot of credit for them....

Well my Strom has a little bit of rear geometry modification that might be making it harder. Longer shock and lowering links. The other one is easier to get up on the stand.

1. Changing tires doesn't count as "Working on the bike" in terms of the bike's reliability.
2. Neither does any of Doug's "Tinkering."
3. I guarantee once the Stroms are finished, Doug will be tinkering on the KTM's at some point.

KTM valve adjustments are in the near future I'd say. Especially Mitch's 1290 Super Adventure, should be fun. The RC8R is only at 2500 mi so it will be a while. Super Duke 990 is at 13-14k so we are in the window. It will be a cake walk compared to the Super Adventure. We shall see.

And of course, Mitch would never put his feet on Mr. Miata.

Stared painting the bags for the 06 Strom. Shooting color in 30 min or so then clear. Then wait and polish
952eef3d53f9c29a2425b4d4635b55ff.jpg
42a0a28181c151d565ed092ba60cd09f.jpg
35719a890b20d43797159c0c8c40b0b8.jpg
96078bc14097504e7faebe7a8e50c821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so the final clear coat is on. Looks awesome shinier than the side panels were. Looking forward to sanding and polishing these. Here is the primer, paint and clear coat I used just so everyone sees it was rattle cans.

This is my "paint booth" today.

I was a little worried because it was colder today, but it all worked out. The heater didn't cycle much. Here are the color coats prior to clear.

The metal flake is awesome in this paint, I thought it would be harder to get an even coat. Look how much is on the garbage bag.

The clearcoat is two coats, now I wait 3-4 days then sand/buff and she will be finished and may be up for sale soon.

You can really see the orange peel in the next one, but I take it off with 1500, then 2000 then Norton Liquid Ice, works great. Can't wait to see it finished. Pee Paw is busy these days.

Wow, your metal flake distribution is excellent for a rattle can or a gun. I'm impressed.

Back