• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas in early September

I guess Cypress is a lot of highway miles from there.

I was thinking
  • something not too long, just to meet up
  • That UC was in the Woodlands, so pretty near by
  • and that since we don't really know each others riding preferences, something that would be interesting but not very tough.
I personally don't like highway miles and love the <40 mph stuff in the forest. But like I said, I'm good with anything. Here is another ride I did recently that covers some of the same ground. It has more highway than I like on the top of the route, but it covers some interesting ground.

Attachments

• ride.jpg
    ride.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 128
I guess Cypress is a lot of highway miles from there.

I was thinking
  • something not too long, just to meet up
  • That UC was in the Woodlands, so pretty near by
  • and that since we don't really know each others riding preferences, something that would be interesting but not very tough.
I personally don't like highway miles and love the <40 mph stuff in the forest. But like I said, I'm good with anything. Here is another ride I did recently that covers some of the same ground. It has more highway than I like on the top of the route, but it covers some interesting ground.
Man, I appreciate you getting these routes together. I'm happy riding anything. I love it all, minus single track but I'm even willing to sample a little if others want to. I'm happy with the original route you posted, but will ride the second as well. I appreciate the thought of creating a route, keeping in mind that we don't know each other and riding styles/preferences, that will probably appeal to anyone of us. Plus, for all we know we won't even like each other, so a simple meet and greet with a ride is cool. I offered to ride earlier with

Man, I appreciate you getting these routes together. I'm happy riding anything. I love it all, minus single track but I'm even willing to sample a little if others want to. I'm happy with the original route you posted, but will ride the second as well. I appreciate the thought of creating a route, keeping in mind that we don't know each other and riding styles/preferences, that will probably appeal to anyone of us. Plus, for all we know we won't even like each other, so a simple meet and greet with a ride is cool. I offered to ride earlier with
With William so it would be worth his travel time and to meet him as well.

The routes are no problem, the first is an area I ride all the time. The second is something I worked out and rode in April, it was already done.
I get where WW is "coming from" ;) My first suggestion is a long way for him to go for a short ride. If my bike is road worthy I might meet up with you earlier.
Also if we do the first route, we will finish about lunch time. I was going to suggest that we head somewhere for lunch and then decide if we want to do something more.

The routes are no problem, the first is an area I ride all the time. The second is something I worked out and rode in April, it was already done.
I get where WW is "coming from" ;) My first suggestion is along way for him to go for a short ride. If my bike is road worthy I might meet up with you earlier.
Also if the do the first route, we will finish about lunch time. I was going to suggest that we head somewhere for lunch and then decide if we want to do something more.
My day is free. I think our plan is to ride a bit then have breakfast (or have breakfast then ride a bit). I'm just waiting for William to tell me where we're meeting and when. I'm open to breakfast first or after a little riding. I'm also open to lunch as well. I'll consider riding after lunch as well depending on temps. I'll be wearing my trash helmet and jacket because I'm assuming I'll be sweating profusely all morning...I sweat easily, haha.

I was thinking breakfast and ride. I'll have to search for an appropriate place. I know forest roads, not breakfast spots. There's quite a few routes it that way, almost all of them much longer than we'd want to do. There's a link to my Dropbox of routes in post #49 of the West Houston DS thread.

Hey folks, not trying to change plans but would anyone be more interested in a trip to big bend instead of Arkansas? I think the temps will be better, I know of a free camp site (it's outside the park in my friend's 20 acre lot) if needed, and I think there's plenty to ride, though I've not really explored it. Just another option to consider and close to the same distance away. Any thoughts?

Sounds interesting. I have always wanted to spend a week or two out there, but I would have the same issue with not being about to get away, so don't change any plans based on me.

I would have guessed that it would be a lot hotter in the West Texas desert?

If I were going, I would be inclined to carry my bike out there on the back of my truck, set up a base camp, and explore from there on the DR. Long hours of pavement driving on the DR is not my thing. Now if the plan were to explore dirt roads for a week on the way there...that would be a different story, but that might end up being a 3 week trip.

Sounds interesting. I have always wanted to spend a week or two out there, but I would have the same issue with not being about to get away, so don't change any plans based on me.

I would have guessed that it would be a lot hotter in the West Texas desert?

If I were going, I would be inclined to carry my bike out there on the back of my truck, set up a base camp, and explore from there on the DR. Long hours of pavement driving on the DR is not my thing. Now if the plan were to explore dirt roads for a week on the way there...that would be a different story, but that might end up being a 3 week trip.
Yeah, I've played a little out there, but very little. Google says the temps are around 60-80 degrees, but no humidity. Arkansas is a very different environment but warmer and more humid. I'm open to a lot of options. Shoot, I could need convinced to go to Colorado for a few days I bet. I don't have the time to explore any area as thoroughly as it could be explored unfortunately.

N.E. New Mexico would be first on my list. I was up there camping for a couple of weeks with my son a few years ago in August and it was 70's during the day up in the mountains and 50's at night. The area around Red River NM is REALLY nice...

N.E. New Mexico would be first on my list. I was up there camping for a couple of weeks with my son a few years ago in August and it was 70's during the day up in the mountains and 50's at night. The area around Red River NM is REALLY nice...
That's a good suggestion. It just occurred to me that I know a rider who moved out there 2 years ago and has invited me to visit and show me some areas. I might have to cancel Arkansas are plan for NM. Hmmmm

Is there a list or link to the $3 sites with showers?

More importantly, where are we going to meet tomorrow? I really don't know anywhere good for breakfast in the Conroe/Willis area.

More importantly, where are we going to meet tomorrow? I really don't know anywhere good for breakfast in the Conroe/Willis area.
I'm seeing a waffle house between Conroe proper and Willis (easy in easy out) right off 45 or a toasted yolk in north Conroe (not far from 45 but not as out of the city as the waffle house)
You have a preference?

I'm seeing a waffle house between Conroe proper and Willis (easy in easy out) right off 45 or a toasted yolk in north Conroe (not far from 45 but not as out of the city as the waffle house)
You have a preference?
I don't usually eat breakfast so I won't be picky on breakfast quality. I'm happy with any of it

Stuck in the Mud, we gonna see you tomorrow? If so, where do you want to meet and when? William and I will be eating breakfast at 8 at the waffle house on leave line Rd then off on a ride. If you'll make it out there tomorrow, let us know. Contact here or call me at 409-651-1681

Back