• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Life at 200MPH

Made the Newspaper today!
OK lets stop for a minute here and have a little talk first.
Obviously I'm doing this because I enjoy it(Racing Motorcycles) and that is our first priority fast SAFE fun.
Next on that list is Promoting a positive role model for Women and Girls. Ladies if you want to do don't let anyone stand in your way you can do anything your heart desires(and NO I am NOT some rabid bra burning Feminist, I'm a Girly girl I just think I should be able to race Bikes if I want).
Number three I hope that what we are doing here will help bring a positive light on Motorcycling and Motorcyclists in general.
Lastly We are hoping to take you along on this adventure with us. We spend alot of time shooting pics and typing so you can come along on the ride with us. Hope you are enjoying it.

Now having said this, One of the Companies we talked to had a lady who worked part time at the Local Newspaper and she felt like what we were doing would be a good Lifestyles story. So SRAD met with the Reporter and discussed many things the most important being a positive overtone for Motorcycling and Motorcycle Racing. Srad even went as far as to secure the Local DragStrip for the photo sessions so that all of the pics would depict practice on a closed circuit not a public road.
Having said all of this I feel like the article was a positive piece of Newsprint for Motorcycling If your interested take a look here.

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/mph_21545___article.html/peterson_marie.html

Marie
http://heavybusracing.com/

Shinko will hurt HP numbers on dyno. its heavy and sticky so its not best tire for real figures. prolly robs 3-5 hp...sure JC can tell u how much it effect dyno. still best thing I ever did was buy wideband commander to log and tune myself. it would prolly help u guys out alot getting A/F u need at top speeds testing with it. i know there pricey, and held off for long time...but now having it... if i had to start over with new bike, it would be one of first purchases that i made. from dragracing stand point, the air in San Angelo is much better than here. normally bikes/cars run .2 faster there than here. but prolly be close to elevation and such at Goliad. least closer than we are here.

there is still a lot of room for improvements and hopefully most or all of our Sponsors will stay with s for next years Texas Mile
SRAD
HeavyBusracing.com

Hey,
Just wanted to jump on your thread and say "hey". I'm the guy near Dallas with the dyno.
First off, please go through the 100% throttle and add about 5-7% more fuel. If you are turning that RPM for a mile, then the air fuel is too lean IMHO. WOT on a bike needs to be about 12.5:1. I always tune them to that. Fuel is not what creates horsepower. Fuel is simply the catalyst to cause the combustion event and it's there to pull heat out of the cylinder. The leaner it runs, the hotter the cylinder walls, pistons, head, valves, manifold, and everything else. No need for a melt down.

Also, the ram air effect of the bike will inevitably make it run leaner on the road, so some kind of a fuel safety net would help.

This is just one professional to another.
Seth
p.s. good luck with the event! I wish I could go and watch you run! We should tell my girlfriend to move her birthday to next month! :)

Seth there has been so much "Dyno" Discussion we may have no choice but to try and drive up to see you between now and the Texas Mile. I appreciate your offer to tune the Bike and that still may have to happen.
Carl
HeavyBusRacing.com

Sounds good to me! I'm up for tuning just about anything. Remeber what I was telling you about my dyno reading "low" on average it reads about 12%-17% lower that a dynojet. BUT... I have put my business partners -factory- GSX-R750 on mine and we made 150.4HP ... Something doesn't add up for your bike to make only 155 wheel ponies. Also, I thought that Busa's revved to 11,500 is it only 10,500 ?

OKAY!
I'm Baaack!
Well I guess Life is what happens when your not Racing.
We got the Bike out and the very first thing I noticed was that the swingarm spools had been used on MY GSXR750 for the Photoshoot we did with the local Newspaper ( )
So lets get them back on the Bus.
P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

Get it up on the Swingarm stand. uhhhm wellll errrr
P1010018.jpg

OK maybe I need a little help with this one! You Men are good for all kinds of things! Here's just one!
P1010019-1.jpg

Well as soon as we got the bike off the ground the first thing a brief check reveals is torn header wrap from the last time we unloaded it drug on the ramp.
P1010052.jpg

So its time to repair that and wrap it a little farther back.
P1010051.jpg

OK got that out of the way lets take a look at the ram air tubes!

Okay this is kind of backwards I did the air box seals first but didn't get pics. So,
First thing was to get frame rails and air tubes nice and clear for that I used glass cleaner and a washcloth.
CopyofP1010022.jpg

CopyofP1010023.jpg

I THOUGHT this was going to be a quick 15 minute job, until I started.
CopyofP1010025.jpg

CopyofP1010026.jpg

It seems there are some places you just can't get to!
CopyofP1010028.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010031-1.jpg

P1010034-1.jpg

OK lets smooth the bead out a little so it looks nice( yeah I know I should wear some gloves)
P1010038.jpg

OK here's the backwards part. I had already done the airbox to frame seals, but I'm putting that in here.
When the airbox came out to be modded the seals to the frame are just thin weatherstriping like around your house door!
So I went to a local gasket service and took my airbox and showed them what I needed.
It's amazing what a wink and a smile gets you! They took me in the back for a look around and let me shop through what they had. They GAVE me a piece of Closed Cell Foam to use. FREE!HA! Beats paying like$30 on the net for some!
P1010043.jpg

Oh yeah thats Heidi the baby, she thinks she has to help with everything.
Here's a pic of the seals installed again SORRY I didn't take pics!
P1010039-1.jpg

This stuff is very stiff and as a bonus has a sticky side.
Here's what I did:
1st draw outside pattern from airduct on the foam
2nd get one of those razor knifes that has the long blade that you snap off the ends when they get dull(it has grooves down the blade and when the tip gets dull you just snap off the end and slide it out farther). It has to be the big one! Trust me DON't try to use the little one!
OK take the blade out and wrap it with duct tape to make a handle
knife.jpg

Take your time and be VERY CAREFUL! This thing will remove fingers with a quickness!
Next cut out the center it doesn't have to be perfect.
Next after I had the seal cut close to shape I took my Dremel tool and a sander drum and smoothed everything down and shaped it right to the same inside diameter as the tube to the airbox. The sanding part is a mess and best to do it outside!
Once that was done just peel the tape off and stick it on! Because the Closed Cell Foam is thicker and stiffer it makes it much more difficult to get the airbox back installed but in the end I think it should work great.

Saturday was REALLY busy we had about a zillion things to do and didn't get to most but,
My Dad is a professional Photographer and does sports, porttraits,ads etcetc.
So I asked him about doing some shots for my Sponsors that they could use in ads whatever, so saturday afternoon and Saturday nite we did pics. Here are a few SRAD Snuck over Dads Shoulder while he was shooting. Hope you like them
Marie

P1010058.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010074.jpg

P1010079.jpg

My Favorite
P1010087-1.jpg

P1010088-1.jpg

P1010032-1.jpg

CopyofP1010019.jpg

P1010004.jpg

These shirts are actually from one of our Sponsors
EXTREMEBUSA.com and pretty cool huh!
We had talked about doing some T-Shirts with a pic and "I helped the Bus get to 200MPH" but time is so tight now just 13 days I don't know how we could pull it off unless we do something with CafePress which is doable if there is enough interest
Marie

Well my best friend Tanya came by today(her big mistake!) I drafted her to help me out with the GenMar Handlebar Risers. This will allow us to drop the front of the Bus by sliding the forks up through the clamps, which I'll do laters first I have to get the Lowering links in and find a stock kickstand I can cut off. Any one have a spare laying around?
So as you might have guessed I STILL can't get the Heavy Bus on the stand by myself.
P1010007.jpg

Some cool new shirts showed up from Brock's Performance so you know we had to try them on.
P1010008.jpg

P1010003.jpg

HEY! WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT!?
P1010005.jpg

So lets get started installing the GenMar handlebar Risers.
First off you better cover the tank with something. IF you do you won't drop a thing, if you don't well you know
P1010011.jpg

If there is a way to get these things out somebody tell me! they just wouldn't come out!
P1010012.jpg

No matter where you sit stand crouch down there's just no way to get 2 hands on this deal. Wrench on the bottom allen wrench on the top and they are stupid tight!
P1010013-1.jpg

Bars finally off! and spacer on!
P1010014-1.jpg

here's a little closer look see'
P1010015.jpg

The bars go back on top and NEW bolts go in.
P1010016-1.jpg

Yeah O.K. It was a blonde moment I put all four bolts in but they were too short! I tried wiggling everything and pushing the rubbers up from the bottom then I realized I was using the stock bolts! Well DUH! So I got the new LONGER ONES.
P1010017.jpg

If you look from the side you can see just how much it raised the bars.
P1010019-2.jpg

OK it's time to pimp the Sponsors! Check it out George from EXTREMEBUSA.com really threw down the Package. A case of Synthetic Oil, a couple of filters, a new chain, some sprockets, new brake pads,
P1010020.jpg

Thats pretty nice but I also needed a new set of boots mine were pretty whipped So George sent me some new AlpineStars Stella Boots!
P1010025-1.jpg

I didn't ask but George did, do you need a back Protector? Well as a matter of fact I don't have one well I do now!
P1010023-2.jpg

Just a few quick pics
P1010027-1.jpg

P1010028-2.jpg

P1010029-1.jpg

OK I want to stop here for a second and tell everyone something
THANKS!
Big George and everyone at EXTREMEBUSA.com thanks for backing me on this ride!
Thanks to Brock's Performance, FamilyPowerSports, GenMar and the Lightfoots!
When we started we didn't realize just how much work and expense this would turn out to be. I would have NEVER gotten this far without everyones help! When I say everyone I mean YOU!
Marie

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!
STOP RAINING!!!
I have tons of work and I need to test!
Someone to the NORaindance!
On the parts front Goodies came in today bolts bushings etc for the seat mount and 2 short factory velocity stacks, so we have to pull the airbox and install them sometime between now and the races. Did I mention installing sprockets and chain, brakes, changing fuel(draining the tank) go to pick up some 87 octane oxygenated fuel mount and balance new tires upholster the seat pan,,,, the list drags on and on and on,,,
Marie

Well these words have come out a few times in whispered toneswhat if we don't make 200mph?
As SRAD has said over and over again I think All of our Sponsors will follow us again next year and lets be realistic for just one second, IF 200MPH was that easy everyone would be doing it!
But then again I sure will be nice to see the double ton!
IF 200MPH is good for a red ballcap whats 195MPH get you? a pink one?hahahahahah:clap:
I just feel like we are getting awfully close with alot of work to still do
Marie

We should be testing sunday at the "secret test facility" . Hope to see you guys there. And good luck with the mile.

We had planned on testing last Sunday but with it misting on and off all day I just didn't feel comfortable. By this Sunday we should have velocity stacks installed and new tires and gearing + MPS kill switch the bike should be lowered also so I should be able to use more of 1st gear. Hopefully we will get the Brock's lowering Links installed tonight IF the weather is clear.
See you at the "Top Secret Testing facility"
Marie
HeavyBus Racing

We should be testing sunday at the "secret test facility" . Hope to see you guys there. And good luck with the mile.

Rodger! Finally! Welcome to TWT, man. I thought you'd never get here! :clap:

BTW, I'll be there for the testing.

Yeah might be a good idea to bring your gps, I'll bring my new one and Von can bring his. MAYBE after Rodger sees 3 GPS readings he might believe the sppeds!hahahahaha:giveup: :rofl:
SRAD
HeavyBusRacing.com

Back