• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2004 V-Strom DL650 w/ lots o' farkles!!!SOLD!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Last Name
Moss
!!!!SOLD!!!!!

Forgot to add that it has the FIAMM freeway blaster dual horn kit too ($60). Thanks V-lust for reminding me!

• Pyramid fenda extenda ($35)
• Madstad adjustable windshield bracket ($100)
• Stock windshield
• Front & Rear LED turn signals w/ resistors ($45)
• Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards w/ spoilers ($100)
• Pro Taper mid ATV bars ($75)
• Progrip 714 dual sport grips ($15)
• Heated grips ($40)
• Aprilia Tuono mirrors ($55)
• Aluminum CNC adjustable levers ($50)
• Ram ball mount ($10)
• 12v Power Plug ($20)
• Givi Monokey racks and side cases ($550)
• Heat-Troller thermostat for heated gear ($90)
• Sargent seat ($395)
• Vstroma folding shift lever ($60)
• Adventure footpegs ($40)
• SW Motech kickstand foot ($50)
• SW Motech center stand ($230)
• Happy Trails crash bars ($299)
• Heavy Duty skid plate-not sure of brand ($200)
• Staintune exhaust ($700)
• K&N Air filter ($60)
• Factory Pro Ignition advancer ($80)
• Factory Pro billet velocity stacks ($140)
• Dynojet Power Commander III ($310)
• New Rear EBC brake pads ($30)
• Front tire TKC-80 w/ less than 800 miles
• Rear tire Metzler Tourance w/ less than 1200 miles

Great bike with $3,839 in upgrades
027_zpslpxtmgot.jpg

029_zps9nn4mno6.jpg

033_zpsvhopwgwm.jpg

032_zpsmmbkuqlf.jpg

026_zpszmsha4bb.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2004 V-Strom DL650 w/ lots o' farkles

Hey Matt... Those crash bars look like they're from Happy Trails ... prob the skidder too. Bike looks great & someone will be getting a well farkd example with TONS of miles left on it.

2004 V-Strom DL650 w/ lots o' farkles

Thanks Rod! I thought they might be but wasn't sure so I just decided to go generic. They are both great protection for the bike as I have tested both of them out. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

035_zpsg2cpjdlf.jpg

For each image on Photobucket there is a pastable link. You want the IMG one. Just copy and past that in for each image. All the formating is in place for it to work inline on this site.

035_zpsg2cpjdlf.jpg

For each image on Photobucket there is a pastable link. You want the IMG one. Just copy and past that in for each image. All the formating is in place for it to work inline on this site.

Thanks Woodbutcher, I think I got it now!:doh:

I have ridden alongside this bike many times and it sounds great. Nice v-twin sound from the Staintune exhaust.

Everyone know how bullet proof a Strom engine is so at 43k miles this thing is just getting broken in.

Brian

Thats rite.... 87k on my 04 when sold... & still ran great...
The 06 Ive been moddin has 84k on it... & plenty left
My new dirty bike....
The 011 will stay mostly paved

When I saw a black 04 with a Staintune pipe I thought this had to be my old Wee and Matt confirmed it. I bought this bike from an older guy in Alabama spring of 05 with a little over 5K miles. When I say older…he was older than me and I am approaching the age of dirt! He picked me up in Pensacola and I crossed Alabama, some of Mississippi and into Tennessee, crossed northern Arkansas and back home. Great trip and it cemented my relationship with the Wee. I was looking for a Vee when I found this one and when one came along cheap enough I jumped on it and wound up trading the wee for a DRZ. Brian commented on how sweet this bike sounds and I completely agree! The closest to dirt riding she saw from me was my gravel driveway and occasionally a gravel county road. In close to 35K miles the only time she failed to start was due to my stupidity. Parking light left on one night in Junction :trust: As Rod has proven these things last forever. I thought she was wearing lots of farkles when she left my care but I can't think of much else you could put on one.

Cripes, your Killin me Matt!!! LOL That is a **** of a deal, WOW.

Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback. It is a great bike and I priced it to move as this bike needs a good home. :rider:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm mighty tempted but I just decided to double down and refocus on my Hawk collection. I gotta sell one to pay for parts for the other, lol.

I'm mighty tempted but I just decided to double down and refocus on my Hawk collection. I gotta sell one to pay for parts for the other, lol.

You should take a look at DRZBRI's superhawk, I have ridden it and it is a great bike and super clean. Would make a great addition to your collection! :trust:

Just updated the thread with some more details about the bike as well as seat height. Feel free to pm me if you would like more pics or need more information. :rider:

Seat height is 31" with the Sargent seat uncompressed so this bike will work for anyone who is height challenged but is still comfortable enough for someone taller. I have a 32" inseam and my knees are bent when I sit on the bike.

Forgot to add that it has the FIAMM freeway blaster dual horn kit too ($60). Thanks V-lust for reminding me!

The SW Motech center stand is the easiest to deploy of any I have ever used. Lightweights can put it on the center stand and it's really easy for a fat boy like me;-). Probably takes a third of the effort my Vee with the Suzuki stand takes.

You should take a look at DRZBRI's superhawk, I have ridden it and it is a great bike and super clean. Would make a great addition to your collection! :trust:

Superhawks are nice bikes but when I'm getting to old to be flopping my at belly over a gas tank, thus the evolution of my Hawk into a scrappy/flat track style.

The SW Motech center stand is the easiest to deploy of any I have ever used. Lightweights can put it on the center stand and it's really easy for a fat boy like me;-). Probably takes a third of the effort my Vee with the Suzuki stand takes.

I would agree v-lust, it is by far the easiest center stand I have used on any of the bikes I have owned. This has been a great bike for me I just always had my heart set on a Tiger 800 XC :rider:. Now that I have one I won't be riding the Strom much anymore and I just hate to see a great bike like this just sitting around, it deserves to be ridden!

Matt got this bike from me (Im the guy who traded a DRZ for it) on trade and, as was mentioned, the crash bars are Happy Trails. The skid plate is a cottage piece from somewhere and is the best skid plate I could find. It's a beast. Details can probably be found by search Strom Trooper or something but I can't remember for the life of me where it came from.

The Staintune does sound great on this bike but Matt added velocity stacks so it probably sounds even better now!

Someone should buy it to transfer the farkles to their Strom and sell it cheap as a stock bike.

Matt got this bike from me (Im the guy who traded a DRZ for it) on trade and, as was mentioned, the crash bars are Happy Trails. The skid plate is a cottage piece from somewhere and is the best skid plate I could find. It's a beast. Details can probably be found by search Strom Trooper or something but I can't remember for the life of me where it came from.

The Staintune does sound great on this bike but Matt added velocity stacks so it probably sounds even better now!

Someone should buy it to transfer the farkles to their Strom and sell it cheap as a stock bike.[/QUOTE]

If someone is interested in doing what Larry suggests above I would be more than willing to assist the purchaser with the transfer in my shop, great idea Larry! :sun:

Price drop, $3450 cash

Don't forget the radiator guard. I had forgot I put one on it until I saw one advertised for sale and thought of this thread.

Last edited:

Don't forget the radiator guard. I had forgot I put one on it until I saw one advertised for sale and thought of this thread.

My EDC Thread

So many farkles I knew I would leave something out, thanks Larry! Do you remember what brand it is? I couldn't find any brand markings on it and wanted to update the list of add ons. :ponder:

I think it came from the same guy that made the skid plate.

Did Nolan ever call you about this thing?

Back