• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im down there on the 4th.....hoping that a few of you get there a few days ahead of schedule.....would like to roll around a little on my KLR. Did Pinto Canyon for the 1st time today.....stunning scenery.....really enjoyable. Stopped in at the Chinati Hot Springs as well....really nice place.

My riding buddy hasn't ridden in a while and does not have a motorcycle endorsement. How will that play out if he doesn't actually get stopped? I don't remember showing my license to anyone.

My riding buddy hasn't ridden in a while and does not have a motorcycle endorsement. How will that play out if he doesn't actually get stopped? I don't remember showing my license to anyone.

the only time it would come into play would be during a traffic stop or at the time of an accident

& there are never any guarantees that either one of those situations wouldn't occur(i didn't ask for the privilege of showing mine, the last 3 times)

just an old man's 2¢ worth

sw

Dave,
Have your friend pick up a motorcycle manual at TDPS and take the motorcycle written portion of the test and he can get a learner's endorsement on his driver's license. The learner's endorsement allows him to ride within sight of a licensed motorcyclist over 21 years of age. My wife has been riding motorcycles with this endorsement for the last 13 years without taking the riding portion of the exam.
Hugo

I'm in! Just sent my registration in and got a room reserved.

I plan on representing the V twin class for the challenge on Friday. Just wating for my wingman to commit before we preregister.

The usual suspects I ride with have bailed on this one so I'm on my own. Since I'm also representing the v-twin class so John I might join you guys on the Adventure challenge.

Rented a KLX from GSMoto - anyone want to do some scenic off-road (as opposed to mad fast off-road)?

Rented a KLX from GSMoto - anyone want to do some scenic off-road (as opposed to mad fast off-road)?

sounds like the real reason, for me being out there

i plan to camp across the street, in the EL CHEAPO CG

bringing the DR350SE & maybe a friend(AGMAN) on a XR650L

look us up

sw

Is there shower facility at the camp ground?

my understanding is NO

there may be a PORTA CAN, if we're lucky

i plan to take some of those packaged disposable wash cloths from the drug store/hospital supply

COLEMAN also makes them, but haven't found them locally

sw

The white cabin tents are gone. They blew away in the breeze. They still have the shower stall and you can camp on the pads where the tents were.

Showers are also available at the Big Bend Motor Inn. The last time I used them they cost $2 for 6 minutes.

Getting ready- 43-44 mpg around town so I can calculate fuel needs, and the rack works:

ajasepuv.jpg

Phillip, I will be glad to ride with you at least part of the time. My pace is somewhat sedate..........

Phillip and Dave,
I miss Friday but would love to ride with you guys…and your sedate pace…on Saturday. I am also going to stay and ride on Sunday if you are looking to extend your trip.

Trail boss are you doing the Junction Hill Country ride after Uncle's around the Bend? If so do you have any dates yet? It looks like BB is not working for me.

Phillip, I will be glad to ride with you at least part of the time. My pace is somewhat sedate..........

We ride sedate, U turns for photos [morning and evenings]... We smells the Cactuses!

[ame="http://youtu.be/pjyGPMoCZ04"]In and around the Swimming Hole. Big Bend, Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back