• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2019 husky 701 build

You have to be a member of that page in order to share it. Just do a search for Adventure Riders of Arkansas on Facebook and join the page. The listing is near the top. The bike is in Jonesboro (NE Ar). You might try Munn Racing as well, I had a friend just got an '18 for $8249.....

~Tony

Thank you. I don’t have Facebook but I think my mechanic does. I’ll have him take a looksey.

Aspr to the white phone please....

Thank you. I don’t have Facebook but I think my mechanic does. I’ll have him take a looksey.

Aspr to the white phone please....
I dont have it! (Puts on tinfoil hat)
We can ride two up on the gs to go get it

I don't really know anything about the Dakar Rally.

Do they run stock bikes? Do they have a mechanical support team?

Actually, even the factory guys are riding 450 Rallys which can be bought in full race ready condition in Europe for about $35K from your KTM Lokaler Händler. Obviously they have a team of mechanics with the factor riders but no engine swaps are permitted & (as above) the Malle Moto guys are basically changing the oil & tires on theirs.

Back to the thread in question....look up Trice Pilot on this forum, he's running a KTM 500EXC as a dual sport with some very smart mods & puts some serious mileage on his. There's a ton more of those around (and the Husky 501) than the 701s, and like my purchase, some great deals can be had because there's a lot of champagne dreamers out there with beer budgets and crazy monthly notes. :deal:

Last edited:
That’s what JMZ has recommended. I rode his and it’s a rocket! Is there a year range on those not to go beyond? I at least want fuel injection and prefer it come street legal.

EXCs post 2012 & all Husqvarna FE501S (not the 501 but easily converted in Texas) models are street legal. You're welcome to ride mine anytime.

Here's how I see the equation;

701/690 = compromised road bike, compromised in the dirt
500/501 = compromised road bike, stunning in the dirt

The only drawbacks to the 500s is the lack of a real rear subframe for serious luggage capabilities like panniers. However, there's a ton of options if you're OK packing light & smart. All of them are going to require an aftermarket seat, aside from that & de-smoging they're ready to go right out of the box.

Trice's bike...
19030720_1677981922219501_6702142038916057693_n.jpg

Actually, even the factory guys are riding 450 Rallys which can be bought in full race ready condition in Europe for about $35K from your KTM Lokaler Händler. Obviously they have a team of mechanics with the factor riders but no engine swaps are permitted & (as above) the Malle Moto guys are basically changing the oil & tires on theirs.
I'd suspect the ktm factory team has alittle better motor...
They aren't always on the up and up

"701/690 = compromised road bike, compromised in the dirt
500/501 = compromised road bike, stunning in the dirt"

Great point!

Should be stated that op wants an enduro not a supermoto

"701/690 = compromised road bike, compromised in the dirt
500/501 = compromised road bike, stunning in the dirt"

Great point!

The above seems to indicate that the 2 are equal road bikes and this isn't the case. The 690 is far more stable on the road and can cruise at 80mph all day.

We did a 1200 mile Mexico trip last spring with 2 690s and one 500exc. The guy on the 500 was hating life at the end of the longer days while us on the 690s were as good as to be expected. That said, when we got to the trails and technical stuff the 500 was laughing all the way to the bank while we were working much harder to stay up.

The above seems to indicate that the 2 are equal road bikes and this isn't the case. The 690 is far more stable on the road and can cruise at 80mph all day.

I was wondering about that. I rode with TossingLead last year for about 200 or so miles on an ADV ride with Africa Twins and he had no problem keeping up anywhere on Uncle Buck's 701. He was popping wheelies in 5th going down the highway if I remember correctly :)

This is a klr replacement bike
Did versys adventure sell?

Yup, my klr was the poster bike for add ons, which may have added just enough extra weight to make it too under powered everywhere.
The new bike will get a windshield and some form of light luggage rack and not much more. I wouldn’t expect anything over 300 mile dirt/pave days or I’ll just ride the GSA. Rough two track or single track is the xrl’s job.

Yup, my klr was the poster bike for add ons, which may have added just enough extra weight to make it too under powered everywhere.
The new bike will get a windshield and some form of light luggage rack and not much more. I wouldn’t expect anything over 300 mile dirt/pave days or I’ll just ride the GSA. Rough two track or single track is the xrl’s job.
You need to channel your inner toby price with a rally raid
06eedd0225854c101738d82634b7594f.jpg

Back