• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

77 Yamaha Enduro 500

Reaction score

the next project

Do you have a title or plate from another state?

The way I understand the bonded title process is that the minimum tax you will have to pay is 4,000.00 x 80%X 6.25%.

Bonding

If the Texas DMV approves your application, it will send you a letter notifying you of the amount of the bond that you must secure. The amount is 1 1/2 times the value of the vehicle, as determined by a national valuation guide or appraiser for late-model vehicles. If the vehicle is at least 25 years old, the value is the larger of $4,000 or the actual amount from the bill of sale. You have one year from the date of the letter to purchase a three-year surety bond from an auto insurance agency or any entity that holds a license to sell vehicle surety bonds in Texas.

View attachment 234749

dont know when it ran last, the plate was a 1992. i had a spare mikuni VM34, rebuilt it, gapped plug & points. hook up ignition, static-timed, got spark.
changed oil, added gas. one kick & fired to life
:thumb::rider: I had an '82 IT550 and a nephew still has it. Basically the same, both bikes great and I think underrated.

serviced the front:
wheel bearings & brake shoes were good.
fork oil looked fresh. neck bearings only needed cleaned, greased & adjusted.
rear service:
bearings & cush o-rings good, cleaned, greased & reassembled.
sprocket & brakes were shot, ordered new parts.
swingarm shaft came out smoothly. bearings all good, only the seals were deformed.
new seals on the way. swingarm sleeve:

Back