• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin to Alaska ... July 2014

A word to the wise... Read the gas pump signs. High grade is yellow handles a lot in Canada. But in Alaska... Sometimes they are fuel oil. The world is not nice to dumb people :-)

Caught it as I was pumping and had to tear it down to pull the tank.
tyhazyse.jpg

That oil pump thing :doh: sounds like something I would of done. Made my chuckle.
Might as well enjoy your little break and watch the World Cup game.

Brian, I almost put diesel in my bike once. Fortunately, the nozzle would not fit. Weird things happen when one is fatigued.

It looks like your maintenance issue is resolved. The Vee is tough as a nail, but your even tougher!

Keep it up!

:sun:

RB

This came into my head leaving Fairbanks

My wee Strom that art in Fairbanks
Adventure be thy name
So far we've come
Let your engine run
On the Dalton as it has until now
And lead us not off into the permafrost
But deliver us home safely

My wee Strom that art in Fairbanks
Adventure be thy name
So far we've come
Let your engine run
On the Dalton as it has until now
And lead us not off into the permafrost
But deliver us home safely

I LOVE it. I saw your 'spot' marker last night and was wondering if you found shelter. Hope you stayed dry!

Here's to a safe, but adventurous, ride home!

Camped in cold foot last night. Really good food there. And friendly staff of the blonde from LA variety[emoji7]

gyhusynu.jpg

6ujepu7y.jpg

eqamybe7.jpg

sa8u6ehe.jpg

tyquqyny.jpg

gepu9y5e.jpg

Prudhoe Bay hotel $135. Includes WiFi, free laundry services (very important up here), 4G LTE phone service (at the Arctic Ocean!) 3 buffet style meals and endless snacks in between. Not bad when you remember that everything here is either flown in or driven 500 miles up the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks... Tonight's buffet? Ribeyes, Alaskan cod and all the fixins... Haven't even looked at dessert
yra5u4a4.jpg

I LOVE it. I saw your 'spot' marker last night and was wondering if you found shelter. Hope you stayed dry!

Here's to a safe, but adventurous, ride home!
Camped at cold foot... Got really wet. But now I get to say I've motor camped inside the Arctic circle

We had supper together this past spring at the Llano gig; Kevin from Boerne.

Way to go bro, thats some heavy duty days in the saddle. Envious as **** and wish I was there. Now you can say you done did it so enjoy the ride south and stay safe.

Just put Scouts on my Wee as well and love 'em too.

We had supper together this past spring at the Llano gig; Kevin from Boerne.

Way to go bro, thats some heavy duty mileage. Wish I was there. Enjoy the ride south and stay safe. Just put Scouts on my Wee as well and love 'em too.
Good to hear from you. The wee is putting up a good fight but the suspension is pretty overwhelmed with all my gear on it on the Dalton.
We'll have to get a ride together when I get back.

Good to hear from you. The wee is putting up a good fight but the suspension is pretty overwhelmed with all my gear on it on the Dalton.
We'll have to get a ride together when I get back.

Suspension is definitely the wear link on our bikes no doubt. I just did the 95 kg sonic springs in the forks and have a hyperpro shock spring coming in next week. It's not the perfect solution, but beats $1000 for a new shock on a bike that's worth $4000......

For sure, let's get together when you get back and make some miles. Sent you a PM

Back