• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beach Run...Sabine Pass to Crystal Bch via hwy 87

Reaction score
Great ride and great company. First four of us (rickSteven, Daveg, Kennyd and me) meet at Denny's inside the Houston loop for breafast. Then we rode I-10 (boooooring) to the meeting point at.... [well, I was just following Daveg] with Klrprew and ??? (Sorry)

IMGP1019resize.jpg

The weather was great, a little foggy, hwy 87 is gone for most of the time. What is left are big chucks of asphalt that make he ride challenging.

IMGP1027resize.jpg

We manage to made it without a single crash or drop. Not even the WeeStrom!!

IMGP1022resize.jpg

The view was great. Doesn't she look beautiful

IMGP1028resize.jpg

In a land of chaos and destruction

IMGP1033resize.jpg

The quest for gas becomes a necesity

IMGP1032resize.jpg

Is that the Red Power Ranger? :eek2:

IMGP1025resize.jpg

As i said, a nice ride

IMGP1033resize.jpg

I can not wait to see the videos that Daveg shoot. Specially the water crossing.

and ??? (Sorry) they call me...93dps aka mick . i had a good time,my first group dual sport ride, i think i like it.after all the overtime is finished we will have to hook up and go north to Gods country and do a little of the hard packed stuff.it was cool to put some faces with the screen names,nice buncha guys,good pics and vids guys thanks for posting it.

Fun ride, once we got past the first four miles. Nice meeting some new peeps to ride with! I can't believe I didn't drop it in the loose stuff ! :eek2:

Too cool guys,glad ya'll had fun.

The year after Rita we rode the beach.There was some very interesting stuff
,boats ,barges,sharks, stingrays,peices of homes washed up.Holly beach in La.
was gone.

was gone.

I dont mean to sound the way I will... but next hurricane that hits that area, I'm gonna have to ride down to check it out. Bring extra gas though....:eek2:

was gone.

Ahh good times, good times. Looks like you all had fun I want to go next time.:rider:

This may sound worse,if you live on the coast you should know what to expect!!!All my family are coastal folks,just part of it.

Worst part of that trip,which was kinda cool was getting gas at a ship dock and powerbars for lunch as everything was ,uh,gone.

Love to go but I'm out until probably may.Riding out of town:clap:
Well maybe sneak something in.:trust:

Hey Bryan,where you been?

I have been off the bike for a month or so, I have the itch again to ride. Nutt: I am going to be riding around Jasper, TX that weekend. Going to try and ride some of that East Texas stuff y'all did last month. Y'all shoot me a private message, I don't want to hijack this thread.

So Raul did you all make it over to the nudey beach? That is always a treat.:lol2: You have some cajones to be riding the storm in some of that crap down there.

So Raul did you all make it over to the nudey beach? That is always a treat.:lol2: You have some cajones to be riding the storm in some of that crap down there.

I am not sure where the nude beach is supposed to be but there was nobody near the water, we just pass a guy on a Wrangler. I guess nude beaches in TX are diferent because based on my experience in Europe, nude beaches are not always a treat. :eek2:

I am not sure where the nude beach is supposed to be but there was nobody near the water, we just pass a guy on a Wrangler. I guess nude beaches in TX are diferent because based on my experience in Europe, nude beaches are not always a treat. :eek2:

Bro, it is FAR from a treat....and the nude beach is on the high island side of McFaddin Bch.

There just wasn't anyone at the beach to be nude. The two other times I've done the ride, it was all men all :giveup: happy to see us.

:eek2: :eek:

... Whatever someone is comfortable with is okay with me.. If ya wanna be nude, that place is a fine place to be I suppose

Ok anybody riding the beach 3/1 or 3/2.What is the deal.

Not sure of my plans but could maybe sneak off.
Maybe repost in upcoming rides or maybe i'm just lost????

Greasemonkey,

A couple of us are camping out there this weekend. Check out the upcoming trips thread where we were previously planning the last ride and you'll see where we left off. or PM me

Back