• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Can we still access our photo gallery?

Valker

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Last Name
West
I can't find it anywhere. Has that feature changed?

Yeah... that is a big issue that I have not been able to resolve. The images ARE still there. However, the gallery was an add-on feature and not built into the forum software. There is no similar add-on for XF. So right now, any existing links to your images will continue to work. You just cannot add new imaged. However, if you simply wish to upload images to a post, you can now simply attach them. I have it setup now where images can display as thumbs in your post or as full sized (1600 X 1600). Anything larger than 1600 X 1600 will automatically be scaled down during the upload process. So no more having to resize images on your computer or phone before trying to attach them.

That sounds good. Can we access our old pics so we can copy the code anywhere?

That sounds good. Can we access our old pics so we can copy the code anywhere?

Unless you already have a link to specific images in one of your posts, I don't really have anyway to access specific images. When they were uploaded into the gallery, they were renamed and stored in a pretty complex directory structure where the names of the directories and subdirectories are just numbers. I have no clue how the numbers might relate to a particular number. So other than by trial and error of actually looking in each directory for an image I might recognize... Anyway, I preserved the directory structure though so that the links would work indefinitely.

If you do have a few posts with links to several images, post the links here. That might help me figure out which directory(s) might have your images if you just want to be able to download all of them to have a copy. Or perhaps, I might be able to give you a list of the file names if they are all in the same directory. That way you could at least link to all of them in a post and see what all the images are.

Thanks. I will try to do that then.

Back