• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cracker Barrel - Amarillo, TX

bdhawk

Reaction score
i took my new suzuki S83 by sharp's motorsports to have some goodies bolted on. it was an all day job so my wife went too, followed me in the car so we would have transportation in the big city.

we went to the cracker barrel for breakfast. the food was awesome!! the breakfast sausage tasted like it was smoked. the gravy had a great flavor. i think they used the sausage drippings to make the gravy.

the service was terrific. the server was super efficient. i never wanted for an iced tea refill. i hate having to wait for my ice to melt so i can have something to drink. and....she was beautiful. very pretty, she looked like a movie star. very friendly wonderful personality. i will go back for sure. my new favorite breakfast spot in amarillo, texas.

------------------------

[edit by John Bennett]

bdhawk, thank you for contributing to the Eateries Database, but please read the special requirements for this forum which are located here.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
http://www.crackerbarrel.com
I-40 , Exit# 72A
I-40 & Quarterhorse Dr
2323 I-40 East
Amarillo, TX 79104-3403
Located off I-40, *Bus & RV Parking Available
(806) 372-2034

Cracker Barrel

Most Cracker Barrels are good at food and service. Some chains do well at that, others don't.

Where's the best BBQ in Amarillo, anyway? Dumas is killing me with the weak BBQ!

BBQ

Hey jollyroger...head to Borger and stop at Sammy's BBQ. Sorry, I can't remember the address, but it is one block off of south main in a little, and I mean very little red brick building. A little pricey, but the sweet tea is heaven and the best ice in the panhandle. :-D

BBQ and Paonia

Thanks Jim! I'll check it out. I think I've seen the little building, but only been in Borger once, other than passing through. Checked out your pics. Just did an Ouray run in June. Nice! Where/what is Paonia? Looks like a unique place. I'll have to hit mapquest and check that out. Nice beamer!

Kyle, thanks for the kudos, however the red RSL has turned into a KRS Taxi. We have a group called the Palo Duro Riders that ride all around the panhandle eating at various places. All makes welcome. Email me at mcclellanjim@hotmail.com and I will send you info. Until then ride safe and good luck with the BBQ.
Jim

Back