• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Craigslist/Facebook

FB_IMG_1607885062334.jpg

Once had a guy give me a ridiculously low offer and I told him I was getting more from the dealership. He told me I was stupid. Literally called me stupid.

So I chatted back with him, remained cordial, and figured out he lived about an hour from my work. So I told him to meet me at work to look at the bike. The guy waisted a two hour round trip for a bike that was already sold to a dealership.

@Jarrett , I know nothing about this particular bike but they seem desirable and don't come up often.

Last edited:
Someone will have to break it to Grandma.... she would be lucky to get $500.

That's what I said after reading about that 6 year old MX bike without a title for $4650 - Wow.

Trust me it is only surface rust that will just wipe off with some elbow greasešŸ™ƒšŸ¤£. $4,999

Also a good reminder to just give your stuff away. I love giving my extra parts to the folks here https://www.necycle.com/

Attachments

• B0A6616F-8FEC-49D6-AA0E-988A9102E372.jpeg
    B0A6616F-8FEC-49D6-AA0E-988A9102E372.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 156
Plated CR500

Another example of someone trying to get their money back out of farkles they added. But, more power to them if they can find a suc..., er, I mean, the right person willing to spend that kinda of money. From the CR500 forums I used to frequent, no one had a reliable lighting coil to use on them. Service Honda offered one, but everyone who tried it had issues. Maybe if you could source one from a CRE500 (Honda Australia did make a street legal version in 2002), it might work. Seems like a whole lot of effort to collect traffic tickets.

MARKETPLACE BLOOPERS!
I love Facebook marketplace, both for buying and selling.
But, did you know how entertaining the descriptions can be? Here are some of my favorites.....
ā€œOne piece is missing but itā€™s not in the picture.ā€
ā€œUsed mirror, never usedā€
ā€œRound rug, 6 x 6ā€
ā€œRot iron.......ā€
ā€œUsed mattress, never slept onā€.
ā€œReceived as a gift but I donā€™t like it. Perfect for someone you love!ā€

Back