• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR Trails

There is a collectiom box with forms and a place to put money.

Benny the owner prefers people call him first if it's their first time out, but if you say you'll be riding with other members and mention us, you should be good to go.

I can't say that I've ever seen a map of the place.

I wouldn't mind catching a local there some time.

Well, 10 years ago. My wife has to help me up now. Only raced twice this year, 5th and 3rd in over 60C. Even at 69 3/4, no pride in that.

Hey Brian, I'm interested in coming out to CTOR this Sunday. I am a newer rider (to dirt biking). I saw in a previous post that Benny likes to be contacted before a first-timer shows up. I called the number on the website to contact Benny but was pushed to his voice mail and was informed that his mail box is full. I will keep trying to contact him, but if I don't get in touch with him, would I be better off going somewhere else this weekend? I don't want to show the slightest disrespect to any property owner/manager. who's gracious enough to share their property with us.
David

Dave,
I would try to keep contacting him.
I don't want to speak for the owner, but if you go with a group of members - you're probably just good to show up and pay the day fee.
If not, he'll probably want to talk to you first.
If you don't know your way around the place, its probably best to ask some guys who are there if they can show you around.

We're probably going to be out there next weekend on Sunday.

Thank you for the information Brian. I will try him again tomorrow morning. I will probably ride the trails at Murphy's if I don't get in touch with him. Thanks again and take care,
David

I called him about 2 weeks ago. He did answer but said he was in a meeting and would call me right back. Never did.

Probably someone here could answer my questions as their website doesn't have much info.

If you pay for annual membership then...
1) any additional daily ride fee?
2) camping allowed? Fee? Water on site?
3) any day of week restrictions?

I called him about 2 weeks ago. He did answer but said he was in a meeting and would call me right back. Never did.

Probably someone here could answer my questions as their website doesn't have much info.

Sent you an invite on their Facebook page, might get quicker answer there.

1 - no.
2 - yes. there is a fee, but not sure what it is. I know power is available and there is water onsite, but not sure about hookups.
3 - no

$30 a person for camping in a tent or RV with full hookups

Dave,
I would try to keep contacting him.
I don't want to speak for the owner, but if you go with a group of members - you're probably just good to show up and pay the day fee.
If not, he'll probably want to talk to you first.
If you don't know your way around the place, its probably best to ask some guys who are there if they can show you around.

We're probably going to be out there next weekend on Sunday.
Hey Brian,
I spoke to Benny, Nice enough guy. He said he isn't doing day-rides at this time. He said I could ride if I was with someone/group who is there. Of course, I would have to pay the day-ride fee but I'm cool with that. I would like to ask if you go to CTOR this Sunday, could I join you/your group since I would be a first timer? I'm fairly certain I would like to get a membership, but I would really like to check it out before I put my money down. Just let me know if you're uncomfortable with that (I understand since you don't know me from Adam :)) Seriously, no pressure though. Thanks again and take care, David

David,
You're welcome to join in with us for a ride.
We may need to check what the weather does between now and then to see if we're going on Sunday. The guys that live in Salado said they got a lot of rain and CTOR takes a while to dry out.
I'll check back in later this week when they give me an update.

Looks like we're on for Sunday.
It'll either be hero dirt, or slippery limestone and grease mud... too early to tell.

Back