• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost’s Eclipsamania Camp and Gathering! April 5-9!

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since I have had a gathering. The drought had made my place a desert and not very suitable. With the rain my place is starting to come back. So Gatesville is the a center point for the April 8 eclipse. Even NASA has set up for it here. So this is primitive camping but I am going to build an outhouse and I do have water at cabin. Going to try to tie water to the pavilion also. Camping around Gatesville has got stupid. I am only opening this to TWT. I don’t charge but donations would be appreciated. I put 400 pounds of rye grass seed trying green it up. As usual, the Ghost grill will be fired up making some of y’all’s favorites. Starting a list so we have a tentative head count. This will be at the Ghost Rancho(actual name at gate is MYO Ranch).
IMG_3936.jpeg

Woodbutcher should be able to drop directions.
Who’s IN???
1) Veriest1
2) Blupuphur+1
3) Kdubya+1
4) Spirit at bay
5) JT
6) Cagiva549
7) Woodbutcher (for part +1)
8) CleatusJ
9) Dannyboy
10) PanAm
11) M38A1
12) KsTeveM
13) Subcomm
14) Misterk
15) Dahveed
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    763.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OK to just come out day of eclipse?
With my CPAP, I need to have power, so overnight there is out (unless I figure out some battery option, which I may look into).

also, will there be some range availability ;) .

I'd like to pitch a tent for my wife and myself, if you don't mind us caging it to your place on April 7.

Can do?

Awesome!

Count me and JT in! Tenting it.

Dody, have you yanked UllyBrad’s chain? Think he can make it?

There’s some nice riding in the area, anybody up for it?

Sure appreciate you doing this Dody!

Ghost and I chatted about this and it sounds like a great reason to do another TWT get together. Unfortunately my sister-in-law and husband are coming for the eclipse. I will try and talk him into coming up for one night, but I'm not sure I can attend yet.

Ghost and I chatted about this and it sounds like a great reason to do another TWT get together. Unfortunately my sister-in-law and husband are coming for the eclipse. I will try and talk him into coming up for one night, but I'm not sure I can attend yet.
I will take what I can get my friend.

So I am Asst fire chief and our county Has lost its mind over this event. They have estimated a 100,000 people are coming to this. All campgrounds are full and many locals are renting out campsites
That sounds like a recipe for car wrecks and other stupid shenanigans, been doing vfd since 04' down here. Yall enjoy 😉 !

That sounds like a recipe for car wrecks and other stupid shenanigans, been doing vfd since 04' down here. Yall enjoy 😉 !
Yep. County is already asking for additional TIMfAS teams. The good thing is I am far enough out that traffic should be limited. You can ride single track here or head north into the old RTB routes

Back