• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

King Kong Hill

Tiger Jeff gets a TE610 and no pix???
Post 'em up!

:popcorn:

Excellent report... must go there... :clap:

Last edited:
Soon, Jerry. Just got it home last night -- haven't got any pics just yet ;-).

Pics of the 2008 Husky TE610:

33ua1px.jpg

5yzwgn.jpg

3zzwk.jpg

2r70diu.jpg

Dang man... We just got back a few weeks ago and already you are making me want to get back out there! :doh:

Sheesh Rick,

I took the pics during a commercial in the supercross race. No time for a Sports Illustrated swimsuit shoot ;-).

I've been on a couple of short rides and she goes nice! 65 mph at 4500 rpm in 6th. Plenty of power.

Jeff

Hello all, I had a great time with my first DS ride. I have ridden and raced motocross for years but never had the opportunity for a first class DS ride till my good friend Richard gave me the invite. I own a motocross park outside of Austin and Richard used to ride at my track before the DS bug took over. He has helped me with my track for years (even after he quite riding mx) and helps make sure my races run smooth.

As I mentioned the ride was wonderful, Richard knows A LOT about the Big Bend area and DS riding in general so he was the perfect guide for my first time out. I took my point and shoot camera (sorry) along and here is some of the pics I took.

I am looking forward to my next adventure on a DS and may have to sell my CR450 now :trust:

493043378_oR2tp-M.jpg

493043376_VHXd7-M.jpg

493043756_76pPz-M.jpg

493042195_M9hpq-M.jpg

493045055_eJBPt-M.jpg

493045688_FZn3o-M.jpg

493046173_zDoYC-M.jpg

493047559_u5QAR-M.jpg

Maestro, DSing is a lot like MXing, but the track is a lot bigger.:rider:
So do tell...what did you think of Richards KLR, and did he let you ride the DR?

"Now it was my turn.

I put the camera away and calmly rode my DR400 right to the top, without even so much as a single bobble, foot down, or miscue.

Yep, that's exactly what happened. Scouts honor. You would have thought I was a professional trials rider or something like that. (until somebody comes up with any pictures to prove otherwise...)"

Richard , you have been outed!:lol2:

I like the incorrect setting on the two shots...

Give it that high contrast martian landscape look...

Nice pics and report...

:clap:

I have got to find a trailer so I can make these type of rides...

Hey Sean, I think I traded you for a 4 wheeler a couple years ago. Still got that swank Matco Toolbox?

NICE!! Small world; big internet. :-P

I sold the quad after riding it about 4 times and cleaning it up. I've have had 4 KTM's since then.

Great write up and pic's. About 8 or guys from the F650 are going out there the 5th thru the 9th. We'll be sure to follow you routes. Nice they opened up the State area for 2 wheelers. There will be a few F650gs's, KLX 400SR ( me) and G650 XCh and a TW200 just to round things out :-)

my second time reading this thread :lol2:, great pics!
It is KILLING me not having time to work on the xr4

threads like this help me survive cubicle heck :rofl:

Loved it. Was a handful in some of the trails at Big Bend Ranch, and if it wasn't for my years of MX riding I would have taken numerous soil samples. That just made it more fun though. Wish I could join everyone in Junction, have to be in AZ this weekend. Looking forward to another event so I can meet a few of you.

Yep, leaving in the morning. I can't make it to the next one, it seems like they always fall on the weekends I have to work.

Back