• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Musings about 2-Wheel Social Distancing

Guys, I really wasn't hoping for a debate on the morality of riding. I'm thinking of running up to northern Arkansas to visit some cousins that I probably won't see again once I move out of Texas. So my questions are really on the practical aspects of eating and peeing and -- you know -- other stuff while on a road trip.
Being a mobile service technician for 30 years I've found that when "in need" just pull into any office bldg and you'll find an open bathroom.

Being a mobile service technician for 30 years I've found that when "in need" just pull into any office bldg and you'll find an open bathroom.
This is true, but more are locking their doors to walk-ins every day.

Methinks closing of outdoor recreational areas may be a reaction to the college kids still partying at the beaches during the spring break that never ends...

Methinks closing of outdoor recreational areas may be a reaction to the college kids still partying at the beaches during the spring break that never ends...

Just a week ago though the state sent out an email saying the state parks are still open and its a great time to go camping with your kids. So the messages are a little confusing...

Not to start anything, but it makes me wonder if they are saving that space for other potential needs, should they arise.

Not to start anything, but it makes me wonder if they are saving that space for other potential needs, should they arise.
Nope, no, nada, don't even think about going there, ain't a gonna happen.

If you mean for the to use as forks hospitals great. If you mean for them to state the military for use against US citizens, I'm fully prepared to do as our founders intended. And I'm far from the only one.

As I was telling my sister yesterday, they won't use national guard, law enforcement or any other us agency on the us population. They don't have the stomach for it. It would be guys in powder blue helmets bringing we the people to heed. We are a long way from that though. They probably closed the parks because more than 10 people can camp in a national park and so by mandate, they must be closed. Like the lobby at taco bell, although I personally am not sure the lobby at taco bell is any safer without corona....

This is true, but more are locking their doors to walk-ins every day.
Yes sir, but quite often if you go up a couple of floors they aren't. Man gotta doodoo what a man gotta doodoo.... :coffee:

Yall heard the term Quarantine Shaming? I read it in an article this morning...

On the positive side this staying home with no work. No phone calls, has caused my wife to get domestic again. Haven’t had home made bread and cinnamon rolls for 15 years.
Thank you hoarders for stripping the store shelves of bread. This is much better.
78ED70E3-6FBE-49BC-866D-3796F2E3AFD6.jpeg

On the positive side this staying home with no work. No phone calls, has caused my wife to get domestic again. Haven’t had home made bread and cinnamon rolls for 15 years.
Thank you hoarders for stripping the store shelves of bread. This is much better.View attachment 256964
Glad to be of service

It was a great afternoon for a ride down to Rosharon, Brazos Bend park, etc. Saw where TX State Parks are also going to be closed.
Bit windy, but the Italian terror always focuses my attention. Volare.

I go along with eat at home and meet for a ride. As said, motorcyclists stay 100+ feet apart from each other during a ride. Keep your helmet on, excellent sneeze blocker in a full face helmet (in my experience :lol2: ). We ATGATT riders always have on gloves, easy to wipe down with alcohol (isoprophyl, not Wild Turkey) for any virus. Stopping for gas doesn't involve any social contact, and you got gloves on. Bring the aforementioned alcohol (as mentioned before, isoprophyl, not Wild Turkey, but your choice) in a small bottle to wipe down after restroom stops. Bring drinks and snacks in luggage. Hey, this could be a whole new thing! :rider: :bigokay: ;)

I go along with eat at home and meet for a ride. As said, motorcyclists stay 100+ feet apart from each other during a ride. Keep your helmet on, excellent sneeze blocker in a full face helmet (in my experience :lol2: ). We ATGATT riders always have on gloves, easy to wipe down with alcohol (isoprophyl, not Wild Turkey) for any virus. Stopping for gas doesn't involve any social contact, and you got gloves on. Bring the aforementioned alcohol (as mentioned before, isoprophyl, not Wild Turkey, but your choice) in a small bottle to wipe down after restroom stops. Bring drinks and snacks in luggage. Hey, this could be a whole new thing! :rider: :bigokay: ;)

Speak for yourself, when I ride, > do it in shorts, a wife beater, flip flops and shades.

There is no going to Cali now. I have many friends and family in complete lockdown there. You are not allowed to go anywhere in a large part of the state. Here the traffic in front of my home has died down from perhaps 100 in the a.m. commute to 12 this morning. I rode to Rockdale yesterday aft to get a sight replaced on my glock, and darn near rear ended some dude in his pickup with his gf and 3 other unbelted kids, who was teaching his 2 year old to steer at 4 mph on FM 908. The stupid people are still out there! Ride safe.

There is no going to Cali now. I have many friends and family in complete lockdown there. You are not allowed to go anywhere in a large part of the state. Here the traffic in front of my home has died down from perhaps 100 in the a.m. commute to 12 this morning. I rode to Rockdale yesterday aft to get a sight replaced on my glock, and darn near rear ended some dude in his pickup with his gf and 3 other unbelted kids, who was teaching his 2 year old to steer at 4 mph on FM 908. The stupid people are still out there! Ride safe.

Statewide as of yesterday. They're expecting as many as 25 million Californians to catch the virus- that's 60% or so.

I understood the CA lockdown still allowed essential services like getting food. Is that incorrect?

That was my understanding as well. And can still go for a walk, etc.
Been in a conversation with a guy in Cali this morning. He is planning to ride tomorrow. They are on lock down but their primary concern is groups of people not those driving/ridding around so fuel and grocery runs are ok and they are not pulling people over and checking yet as they were in Italy.
I respect the concerns of the government but what happened to the constitution? Free and unrestricted travell? Could they actually enforce such a law here? I know they could try but when it got to court would it hold up? Would a cop actually give a ticket for it? I’m thinking not most of them.

Back