• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**NEED SPRING COMPRESSOR**

KTIM

Reaction score
Looking to rent, borrow, buy or watch you use a spring compressor, in the DFW area.

Changing rear spring on shock, not the type w/threaded collars.

TIA,

Tim

Can you post up a photo of the shock in question? I've got 2 or 3 different spring compressors that we could use, or I have even been known to use the floor jack method when I encounter a shock that none of my current compressors seem to work. I can probably be available on Sunday to change it out if you like. If that doesn't work, we can figure out another day.

Floor Jack Spring Change.JPG

Bad Bill !
Thank you for the assist..
I love the floor jack/face shield set up, that's my kinda party! LOL!

Same shock set up on my Tuareg, spring should be here today. I'll pm if it arrives, Sunday is good for me too.

Bad Bill !
Thank you for the assist..
I love the floor jack/face shield set up, that's my kinda party! LOL!

Same shock set up on my Tuareg, spring should be here today. I'll pm if it arrives, Sunday is good for me too.
So.... minor change of plans on our end. The Wife has a thing on Saturday afternoon so we are going dirt riding Sunday. But, we will be home most of the day Saturday, and I will be home all afternoon/evening while she is out and about. One way or another, we can get this thing swapped out!

Just got home from other project, stuck tonight, go have fun. Let’s talk next week?

Thanks for your help!

Just got home from other project, stuck tonight, go have fun. Let’s talk next week?

Thanks for your help!
You got it! And in the spirit of changing shock springs, I changed out the shock spring on the KTM300 earlier today. It was a lot easier though. Two bolts and a threaded collar. 10 minutes and it was installed back in the bike. 👍

Bill's closer and my schedule is crazy for the next few weeks, but add me as a backup, I've got a Motion Pro compressor over here in Forney.

Back