• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Octobers Meet n Greet N Eat...with A Ride on the Side - 10/12

Was all geared up, bike has other ideas. I'm out. Bike decided to play old familiar games again.

Where is everybody?

syru9ahy.jpg

Sent from my Droid

Please excuse any typos

Hey Ken, time for a new bike!

Thanks Scott even though you know beyond a shadow of doubt I cannot afford a new bike! So unless you are offering to buy me a new bike, I will try and figure out again what my bike 's problem is. Have fun.

It was nice having lunch with everyone today. We got home about 5:30 tonight.

Just pulled in the driveway. Red Brown and I had a nice run down the the MnEnG. Then rode 16 over.to Medina and took 337 to Leakey, 336, 41, 16 up to Llano with Kickstand Prophet and No350.

Nice ride

Got home 'bout 7:40

Thanks to kickstand profit for the whole thing and all he did.

And sorry to the whole group for my shenanigans on my first pass through the twin sisters. That was embarrassing having my bike slide all over the place like that.

At least I know the valves and cam timing on my KLR are good now

*Those who didn't go goofed.

№350;1298704 said:
Got home 'bout 7:40

Thanks to kickstand profit for the whole thing and all he did.

And sorry to the whole group for my shenanigans on my first pass through the twin sisters. That was embarrassing.

At least I know the valves and cam timing on my KLR are good now

*Those who didn't go goofed.
What happens on the sisters stays on the sisters [emoji106]

Great day guys with a little bit shy of 450 miles for me. It was in the 60s most of the morning with occasional patches of heavy fog before clearing for the afternoon ride to the Three Sisters.

It was good seeing the regulars. Even Rich and Linda dropped in on the way back to Fort Worth. They attended another bike rally in Kerrville for the weekend. We even had another Meet and Greet in Llano...for dinner following lunch (See picture below).

:rider:

Thanks KP for putting the event(s) on. I look forward to the next one.

RB

20141012_175446.png

Just pulled in the driveway. Red Brown and I had a nice run down the the MnEnG. Then rode 16 over.to Medina and took 337 to Leakey, 336, 41, 16 up to Llano with Kickstand Prophet and No350.

Nice ride

399 miles for me for this M@G@E weekend. The new front tire got a good work out on the sisters. Thanks Red and SnB for leading the way thru the twisties. Had a great camp out with sausage for dinner and a great camp fire. Thanks again for dropping of the load of wood for us campers. Appreciate all of you who showed up for lunch and participated in the camp out. See you at the next one up north.

Nice to meet and camp with Dave and Randy two new members of TWT hope they had a decent time. Got to meet Randys son Trevor also nice well mannered motorcycle loving young man. Refreshing to meet some one his age with such good manners. Stay tuned to TWT and continue to participate on the camp outs and RTE's. KP

Great day guys with a little bit shy of 450 miles for me. It was in the 60s most of the morning with occasional patches of heavy fog before clearing for the afternoon ride to the Three Sisters.

It was good seeing the regulars. Even Rich and Linda dropped in on the way back to Fort Worth. They attended another bike rally in Kerrville for the weekend. We even had another Meet and Greet in Llano...for dinner following lunch (See picture below).

:rider:

Thanks KP for putting the event(s) on. I look forward to the next one.

RB

20141012_175446.png

Thank you for dinner Red have not eaten there in ages. Had a great fast paced ride on the sisters and enjoyed all the visiting. Will try to get pictures down loaded and posted tonight.

I had a nice finish to my three day 1340 mile trip riding back to Austin after lunch with Daave. On my way over from Junction I counted 10 deer sightings and one dead porcupine.

Nice to meet and camp with Dave and Randy two new members of TWT hope they had a decent time. Got to meet Randys son Trevor also nice well mannered motorcycle loving young man. Refreshing to meet some one his age with such good manners.

Thanks for running the show, KP, and for the nice words about Trevor. He behaved himself quite well, and we both had a ton of fun on our first MC campout with TWT (only second overall). He raved on for hours about how great a time he had. Two-wheeled blood runs through his veins, so he was in heaven. Too bad we missed the afternoon riding (grrr) but we were able to sell Trevor's YZ85 and pick up his CRF250R while you all were hitting the hill country.

That was a nice campground and most of us stayed dry during the morning rain while our bikes took a shower.

We enjoyed meeting so many nice folks -- Drew, Robert, Dave, No350, Bill, Greg, Paul, Alex, Neil/Neal, ... and more. Great group!

350 -- I hope we can still be friends, since I told you I traded my KLR! :giveup:

Daave -- Enjoy that beautiful ride. Jealous.

KP -- Not just anyone could organize one of these and stay on top of the changes. Much appreciated.

Trevor and I will join in the next ones whenever possible.

Last edited:
Thanks for running the show, KP, and for the nice words about Trevor. He behaved himself quite well, and we both had a ton of fun on our first MC campout with TWT (only second overall). He raved on for hours about how great a time he had. Two-wheeled blood runs through his veins, so he was in heaven. Too bad we missed the afternoon riding (grrr) but we were able to sell Trevor's YZ85 and pick up his CBR250F while you all were hitting the hill country.

That was a nice campground and most of us stayed dry during the morning rain while our bikes took a shower.

We enjoyed meeting so many nice folks -- Drew, Robert, Dave, No350, Bill, Greg, Paul, Alex, Neil/Neal, ... and more. Great group!

350 -- I hope we can still be friends, since I told you I traded my KLR! :giveup:

KP -- Not just anyone could organize one of these and stay on top of the changes. Much appreciated.

:) I'm sure we can stay on good terms. I'm a Yamaha fan boy anyway. (They make metal bolts vs kawasaki's playdough)

Get that rider access to some tools. A lot to learn from fixing a 250 at a young age vs having the stealership do it.

№350;1298892 said:
:) I'm sure we can stay on good terms. I'm a Yamaha fan boy anyway. (They make metal bolts vs kawasaki's playdough)

Get that rider access to some tools. A lot to learn from fixing a 250 at a young age vs having the stealership do it.
Ah well we're good then. I love my old Yamaha TTR225 for off-roading!

Great suggestion on tools. I've picked up some critical ones for him like a good torque wrench, metric sockets and so forth. I might have him wrenching on my truck soon... So I can get him to the track, of course! [emoji106]

Thanks for running the show, KP, and for the nice words about Trevor. He behaved himself quite well, and we both had a ton of fun on our first MC campout with TWT (only second overall). He raved on for hours about how great a time he had. Two-wheeled blood runs through his veins, so he was in heaven. Too bad we missed the afternoon riding (grrr) but we were able to sell Trevor's YZ85 and pick up his CBR250F while you all were hitting the hill country.

You welcome. Now some pictures of his new ride so we can all enjoy them???:photo::photo::photo:

You welcome. Now some pictures of his new ride so we can all enjoy them???:photo::photo::photo:
Oh sure -- Here we go:

First the bike, then the smiling rider with his grandma and grandpa who chipped in to make it happen.

It may be a while yet before we can get him to a good place to ride. It's not the same on neighborhood streets.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413298593702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413298593702.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 170
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413298630988.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413298630988.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 178
Back