• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw's Scooter Shop Closed for a Bit

I thought I was better and ran a little fever yesterday. Very tired, seems better this morning, maybe it was a bump in the road. This stuff seems to really hang on.

Thanks Rod, moving forward slowly. Maybe soon I will be back out riding far from everyone else. I think we scheduled a post COVID test for Wednesday to see if we are free of the Wu-Flu.

Thanks Rod, moving forward slowly. Maybe soon I will be back out riding far from everyone else. I think we scheduled a post COVID test for Wednesday to see if we are free of the Wu-Flu.

Only had one bad bug in over 10 years for which I am very thankful, and that one 6 years ago was a doozie, and it did the same thing for a week beyond, with a little short fever, sudden fatigue, or some porcelain activities off and on without warning. One person I watched thru a friend afar was in and out of ICU 3 times with this Peking Pox, and is a 45 year old beer truck driver who was in pro shape. Not so much now. So yeah, you are doing well!! :thumb:

Doug, hope you and yours doing better. I've been following your story and my wife and I tested postitive about the same time. My journey has been close to yours, even the weight loss. My wife has had a much tougher time. Highest recorded temp of 103.7. We literally went to bed 3 nights in a row where I prayed we both woke up. Learned to really dread nights. I THINK I'm ok now, still tire out easily. Wife has started eating a little and been fever free, so fingers crossed. Prayers for your family. This is some tough stuff.

Tough way to lose weight, lol, at my worst I went from to 263 to 245, back around 250 now.

Last edited:
I started feeling weird on Thursday the 25th, my wife was fine at 2pm Friday the 26th. By 3 pm (1 hour) she had a 102+ fever and has been rough since. We got into a Dr Monday(paid for rapid test), found postitive. Not our normal Dr. but she gave her recommendations, which was basically ride it out. When her fever peaked, we got in touch with her Dr. They gave suggestions and if fever didn't break to go to er. After that we were able to keep it under 102.5, then it'd go normal and spike. Dealt with this for a long time. My Dr made some vitamin recommendations and we started them.

We found no Dr's here that wanted you in their office being positive, all said go to er. We were/are petrified in this environment of going to hospital, right or wrong that was always a last choice. The thought of maybe not seeing each other again, no one to help make decisions, not having an advocate dealing with Dr's and nurses was very scary. So we toughed it out. Everyone has to make their own choices here. I was able to stay in touch with a nurse through my son that kept up with us. My Dr did recommend getting a pulse oximeter to watch, mine was fine, hers stayed right on the threshold of needing attention but has come up.

I started feeling weird on Thursday the 25th, my wife was fine at 2pm Friday the 26th. By 3 pm (1 hour) she had a 102+ fever and has been rough since. We got into a Dr Monday(paid for rapid test), found postitive. Not our normal Dr. but she gave her recommendations, which was basically ride it out. When her fever peaked, we got in touch with her Dr. They gave suggestions and if fever didn't break to go to er. After that we were able to keep it under 102.5, then it'd go normal and spike. Dealt with this for a long time. My Dr made some vitamin recommendations and we started them.

We found no Dr's here that wanted you in their office being positive, all said go to er. We were/are petrified in this environment of going to hospital, right or wrong that was always a last choice. The thought of maybe not seeing each other again, no one to help make decisions, not having an advocate dealing with Dr's and nurses was very scary. So we toughed it out. Everyone has to make their own choices here. I was able to stay in touch with a nurse through my son that kept up with us. My Dr did recommend getting a pulse oximeter to watch, mine was fine, hers stayed right on the threshold of needing attention but has come up.
Dang that's hard to read let alone imagine being basically on your own. Sounds like you all are on the way back to better health.🙂

We're no different than anyone else with this junk and yes it was very scary, very. I stayed in touch with family and they helped make decisions. I forget the night but my wife was at the lowest, I was about to take her in, she DIDN'T want to go. I got both son's and DIL on phone, we had a "come to Jesus talk" with wife and she promised to try harder to eat, drink, get up, and takes meds. And she did, got little better daily from then. At one point she had slept over 24 hrs with only small sips of Gatorade.

Last edited:
Man, scary stuff, Rob. So glad to hear y'all are doing better. Glad to hear everyone I know that gets it (minus one) has come through this.

It is kinda wild that the only options are chance it at home or turn yourself over to the ER and possibly lose control and contact with family, but I guess that's where we are right now.

Doug, hope you and yours doing better. I've been following your story and my wife and I tested postitive about the same time. My journey has been close to yours, even the weight loss. My wife has had a much tougher time. Highest recorded temp of 103.7. We literally went to bed 3 nights in a row where I prayed we both woke up. Learned to really dread nights. I THINK I'm ok now, still tire out easily. Wife has started eating a little and been fever free, so fingers crossed. Prayers for your family. This is some tough stuff.

Tough way to lose weight, lol, at my worst I went from to 263 to 245, back around 250 now.

I am glad to hear you are getting there. I was actually dieting when this all started. So my weight loss is mostly diet related. I went out and hung a gate this morning and picked up my mail. I think I am there now, two days no fever and I feel better. We never had any 100+ just a bit of low grade. Hopefully we are all out of the woods. Thanks for checking on us.

Dang Rob... didn't know you've been dealing with this. Y'all whip this crud and move forward.

Yeah same question, rob. What were the vitamin recs, etc? Oh and are you able to trace how you may have caught it?
My doc recommendations are stay away from sugar, bad carbs, keep up on 1000 mil vitamin c a day. Electrolytes. If you don’t drink/take them now, Regularly, keep it on hand. Super important especially as we age and when we have a fever.
I’m with y’all tho, I would not want to go to hospital. Crazy. So thankful you both are doing better. Y’all too, Doug.

What were those recommendations and do you feel they helped?
Vitamin C, D, and zinc. Also be sure an asipirin if your situation allows.

Disclaimer, obviously I'm not a Dr, just what he recommended. Also to MOVE, but get plenty of rest. Also learned you alternate Tylendol and Advil for fever. Worked on my boss lady.

This is a crazy virus but I hope we're in the get energy back stage. Pretty sure I am, hopefully she is.

@OldTLSDoug , wasn't trying to hijack your thread. Continue the fight.

Thanks for sharing Rob. And congratulations on the anniversary.

Back in the day sunning was a common "treatment" for most ailments. Thats where the vitamin D came in. Like the say, fresh air and sunshine.

Doug and Rob, I am glad that you and yours are doing better.

Reading this thread really takes my breath away realizing how quickly life can change.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Doug and Rob...so glad to hear you and your wives are close to beating this.

Doesn't sound fun at all.

The best part is now I can chalk it up in the experience column from the mistake column. I am considering a short spin on a scooter today. Just haven't decided which one. Yesterday I took a spin in my NA Miata with the top down. That was nice, really enjoyed being outside. Wife still has hives, not sure when that will get better. Hopefully soon, I got past it 4-5 days ago. So she is a little behind me it seems.

13 July 2020. The day I actually know someone with the virus. A wing member in Houston. What a world.

Doug, how long to get your post tests back? Still have to wait 5 days or so? Time for me to get checked I hope!

Last time they said 5-10 days got it in two. Tomorrow we get tested at the same place with an appointment, hopefully it will be 2 days or so as well. Not sure what the issues with test processing are, except to say there are a lot of tests right now.

Back