• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

A cold morning ride to my Dr appointment with some back roads. Found this cool entryway.

Anyone else notice an amazing number of abandoned homes while out riding back roads? The last time I was out with my son Daniel, he stopped counting around 75 or so in the space of a five or six hour ride. That was just in the area between Huntsville and Crockett. I am not just talking about really old rotting wood frame/sided homes either. Many were probably less than 30 years old, made of brick, and looked like they were in good shape until abandoned. I can't help but wonder if old folks living there die off and their kids don't want to move back to the small town and can't sell the property, so they just abandon them instead of continuing to pay taxes on them :ponder:
They usually lease the land out for cattle and keep the land but dont live there

You would be surprised how much cheaper taxes are with an ag exemption

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that it's a great place to watch the heavens for meteor showers. When it's cold. When it's not the mosquitos will suck you dry in a nanosecond.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Didn't see any skeeters today. However, being a marsh/wetland I would definitely expect to. It's kinda my go to spot when I have to ride solo. Haven't had a bad skeeter experience.

Gotta join you out there one day.
It's pretty and secluded. Unfortunately, gotta ride alot of pavement to get there and the dirt doesn't last that long. The roads are back roads though, so not heavy traffic.

Reactions: my6
Got out Sunday for a superb solo ride! Found a new road with lots of fun sand followed by some deep water. Fortunately, the bottom was gravel and not slick rutted clay. The bike was in dire need of washing and this did the trick! Had lunch at Yankee’s. As expected, it was crowded! Spring is almost here! Flowers were blooming, pastures are dark green, and trees are covered with buds!! Topped out at 75 F. Clear blue skies almost all day. Managed about 150 miles of dirt roads.

Last edited:
We need to go riding together and do a little side by side comparisons ;-)

Back