• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Progressive Show in Dallas Jan 3-5; Riding over?

I'm going to try and go if my ride is back from the dealer. In case anyone else is going, if you get your tickets on motorcycleshows.com you can use the discount code IMS20POST to get 3 bucks off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Wow, looks like most of the big names are going to be there this year finally. No Triumph though, would have liked to see the Tiger 900 in person.

There is a group of us in far NE Dallas area that meet at breakfast and then head down to the show. Riding or driving will be determined by the weather.

4 wheels on Saturday, probably. Maybe 2 wheels if the gf is up for it.

Definitely going one day, not sure which.

Also not sure if on two wheels or four. Free parking is enticing.

Its too far to ride up from Austin area, walk around all day and then ride back, and I'm saving my riding money up for some epic rides coming soon vs. hotel bills :-) These shows were always my trip to mecca each year both when I lived in CA and CO. In CO, we'd ride down to Denver at 28 degrees, see the show and get home before the roads got icy if we could, just to say "yeah, we rode down this year too". It was a true badge of honor back then....

I will be riding up from San Antonio on Saturday and go to the show. Plan to spend the night in Granbury and ride 281 back home so I can stop in Hico for some pie🥳

Well the fix for this is their 2020 "Best of British" tour. Jan 17th in Dallas. I'm registered for the one in on the 18th in San Antonio. https://www.triumphontour.com/#find-stop
Whoa, this belongs over here, I'll cross post it.

I'm planning to go from Richmond (Katy) area. Last couple times I've caged it up and back on the same day. Leaving around 6:00 AM puts you there around 10:00 AM. Left around 4:00 for an 8:00 arrival home. This is the first year in a long time that the weather may allow a ride up. If I do that, I could leave Friday late morning, or Saturday early morning, returning on Sunday. If anyone in the Houston area is interested in riding and staying over, or splitting the gas in the car, let me know. The weather looks cold, but tolerably so.

Jamie and I are headed in on Thursday. We will be in the car since we are coming from Arkansas. Hope to see you all there.

Our Early Bird trip to the show starts at the El Fenix Mexican restaurant in downtown Dallas on Friday
Few of us meet at the El Fenix - 1601 McKinney Ave (under Woodall Rogers @ N Field Street) at 1pm. (Friday show opens at 3pm)
1 block South of Woodall Rogers Field St peels off to Griffin and 12 blocks South on Griffin St. is the free bike parking lot in front of the Kay Bailey convention Center.

Sunny and about 60 both Fri and Sat, so I'll be riding.

Does anyone know if any bike lift mfrs will be present? Last year there was a really nice looking unit but I can’t recall the vendor.

A DFW group of us will be meeting Saturday morning for breakfast before the show. That location will be determined Friday at Friday Night Ice Cream.
I will try to remember to post up our time and location Friday night.

Anyone have a WORKING discount code for the show? All the ones I've found online don't workie.

Edit: Never mind. The one Centexrider posted above is working.
Thanks, Bro!

Last edited:
Back