• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sandwinder time!

For you early arrivals on Saturday ,this sounds very fun. First come.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1708097644952.jpg
    FB_IMG_1708097644952.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 25
TSCEC

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1708105031114.jpg
    FB_IMG_1708105031114.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 22
For those that signed up, was AMA membership needed?

480 entered out of 540 now allowed. Up to 40 over 60 guys.

I see the truth in that. Keep it simple...

492 riders now, looks like a clear weekend and cool temps. Perfect.

Rows X

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_105300_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_105300_Facebook.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
I did find this explanation. Must have been bad.

"They had to reroute part of the track due to bad mud holes. So the track either got longer or shorter by doing that. They had to throw it out because it screws up the times. I started on test two and by the third lap it was getting pretty beat up. They already had a reroute for us by the third lap. By the time the A class riders got there (it was their last test) they had to reroute a lot of stuff."

I did find this explanation. Must have been bad.

"They had to reroute part of the track due to bad mud holes. So the track either got longer or shorter by doing that. They had to throw it out because it screws up the times. I started on test two and by the third lap it was getting pretty beat up. They already had a reroute for us by the third lap. By the time the A class riders got there (it was their last test) they had to reroute a lot of stuff."
I can attest to test 2 being a wreck. Several spots had multiple riders completely locked in; I even saw on abandoned bike standing on its rear tire in the mud, looking like a riderless wheelie. Luckily, my son and I were able to make it through, but not everyone was as fortunate.
Ironically, test 3 claimed my boy. Miscue going into a low spot had him fall into a puddle, leading to gunk locking his chain and rear tire up. Took 3 sweep riders (thanks to them all!) and my truck to get him out.

Thanks for some first hand info. I thought they said perfect conditions, lol.

On a more positive note, both my son and I had a total blast. Test 1/lap 1 was a struggle fest, as it was 34 degrees or so and thereā€™s no warm up or sight lap in this format. By lap 2 we had both found our groove and were riding much better and more enjoyably. I even found myself on his tail for a couple miles, talking good natured smack to him the whole way.
Test 2/lap 1 started similarly, with close contact with my (now consistently faster that me) son and a brisk pace. That ended when I entered the trees after an open section and buried my front wheel at speed in a deep, shaded whoop. Bike bottomed, stopped, and I went full scorpion over the bars, but luckily didnā€™t hit anything harder than the dirt. I was dazed for a few seconds before I got up and continued on, much more gingerly.
Test 2/lap 2 and test 3 was more struggle bus until I came upon my son and his locked up bike. The rest is history.
Good times! Gonna try my best to do another TSCEC event as soon as life allows.

Also notable; loving my Husqvarna 300! It makes riding so much easier and enjoyable than the 450 itā€™s not even funny.

Back