• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Called today an the trails are closed. More rain in the forecast tomorrow and Saturday. Unfortunately the trails will probably be closed

Monday is a federal holiday. So, does this mean there's no ranger there to open the trail even if it's dry on Monday?

Monday is a federal holiday. So, does this mean there's no ranger there to open the trail even if it's dry on Monday?

dang good question

Naw couldn't be ??????

If the trails are open monday
what time 10:00 ?

Anyone know how much rain they got up that way last night? We got a decent amount out in Katy

Irishcoffee said:
If the rangers are off, who is going to keep riders out?

Do you also rape women and steal from children when nobody is watching? The next closest decent trails are 150 miles away. What are you going to do when they close these due to irresponsible riders? Police yourself.

From the looks of the radar, some nasty weather is rolling thru. I'm just planning on working on Monday as the trails will be closed

Do you also rape women and steal from children when nobody is watching? The next closest decent trails are 150 miles away. What are you going to do when they close these due to irresponsible riders? Police yourself.

You read more into the post than I intended.

You read more into the post than I intended.

i apologize if i came across a little harsh, but i think we all have a responsibility to be trail stewards. especially on a public forum and a thread specifically designed to get riders on these trails. as a mountain biker i've seen to many trails closed to that sport due to irresponsible and uninformed riders. yes the federal government is responsible for the land and we all pay our taxes but if we don't take care of it, the tree huggers will find a way to kick us off. especially if there is a long paper trail of fines for misuse. just something to think about.

i apologize if i came across a little harsh, but i think we all have a responsibility to be trail stewards. especially on a public forum and a thread specifically designed to get riders on these trails. as a mountain biker i've seen to many trails closed to that sport due to irresponsible and uninformed riders. yes the federal government is responsible for the land and we all pay our taxes but if we don't take care of it, the tree huggers will find a way to kick us off. especially if there is a long paper trail of fines for misuse. just something to think about.

Your post was pointless

Its all ok guys, lets get back to the possibility of riding and no dust. From what I see, it will be a little wet and probably a closed forest. I need to grease my swingarm anyway.

Its all ok guys, lets get back to the possibility of riding and no dust. From what I see, it will be a little wet and probably a closed forest. I need to grease my swingarm anyway.

I really need some seat time before the race in Nac jan 15th. Ill keep an eye on this thread. Ive never ridden shnf so id like to go with someone who has first. First weekend of Jan ill be in san antonio and will probably ride hidden falls

I'll check with one of my bosses in the morning to see if I can come check in, and then leave and still get paid for the holiday.
If so, I'll go

It needs to stop raining so the trails can dry out enough to open.

I was watching the radar.
It looked like SHNF got a bunch of water.
Maybe wed of thur ?

I am going in to withdrawal. :eek2::giveup::eek2::eek2::eek2:

We had almost 2" of rain in the last week here in Huntsville.

Trails are closed today. Let's hope they dry out some before Monday.
I'm planning on going into work and them ask to leave. My shop forman didn't seem to have a problem with it when I talked to him about it.

I'll check back again weekend.

You guys wanna have a back up plan for Monday in case trails are closed?
3palms maybe?

Back