• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sin City The Rocky Mountain Way.

Day five. 2,600 miles and counting. Colorado Springs to Moab Utah. Today started with a ride over cottonwood pass. The snow was falling and turning the dirt road to mush.

No motorcycles :idk:

200748960-L.jpg

The View

200747639-L.jpg

200747918-L.jpg

200748375-L.jpg

200748729-L.jpg

The road less traveled.

200749210-L.jpg

200749411-L.jpg

200749867-L.jpg

200750338-L.jpg

Wow! Amazing how different Mt Evans looks compared to when I was there. It was perfectly clear when we went in June of 02.

That is Beth walking towards the water, same lake in your pics
DSC00657.jpg

The view from the top!
DSC00665.jpg

Sorry the weather wasn't better. That last couple thousand feet is a wild ride!

Here is Cottonwood from July 2005
DSC04005.JPG

Looking West from the top of Cottonwood
DSC04010.JPG

:tab I've never been there in the fall. Judging by your pictures, it is a totally different experience! Hope I can get out there someday!

How the heck did I miss this until now?

Hi Juice! Keep the pics and reports coming! :clap:

Ok, I'm convinced everyone is trying to make me jealous. Juice, you just cost me a week of 2008 vacation. You happy now?!?!? :doh:

:eek2: :eek2:

NOT a good way to pick up a bike! GOOD way to injure the back in a BAD way ;-)

Butt on the seat, squat, grab the lowside bar and something back by the seat/body with other hand and do a dead lift using the legs. Works great. I have LOTS of experience with the technique... :doh: :oops:
Dropped the 850 yesterday, first time for me with a big bike. The butt to seat didn't work,(bad knee, can't get low enough) had to do it the wrong way but got it up. Not fun.

I hope you didn't scratch it :-P

Get those knees fixed ;-)

Back