• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sold: 2004 V-Strom 1000

i think i will have me a Vstrom someday. i really like my KLR, but i think a strom might suit my riding style better. i need to find someone close by me that is willing to let me try one out. :mrgreen:

i think i will have me a Vstrom someday. i really like my KLR, but i think a strom might suit my riding style better. i need to find someone close by me that is willing to let me try one out. :mrgreen:

I thought you were the new owner until reading that it sold on cl.

I saw the post about the stickers and was thinking you were going to pick it up. They are too tall for me but I will end up with the baby brother one day I bet.:trust:

You know, even now that I don't own one anymore I will still tell anyone out there that you just can't go wrong with one. They just do anything and everything you ask of them. If you want to cruise with them, they'll do it. Or if a pack of sport bikes come up on you and you want to hang with or even pass them once the road gets twisty, they will do that too.

You know, even now that I don't own one anymore I will still tell anyone out there that you just can't go wrong with one. They just do anything and everything you ask of them. If you want to cruise with them, they'll do it. Or if a pack of sport bikes come up on you and you want to hang with or even pass them once the road gets twisty, they will do that too.

Sounds like down the road you might have one again. I looked hard at them before I bought the BMW. Still want to someday have a 650 and lower it a tad. Really like the yellow ones for some reason. The Wee will most likely replace the Connie when the time comes.

Hey Guys,

I'm the one who bought Bill's V-Strom last week. This is the first V-Strom I've owned, and I love it so far. Great bike for a taller rider. I've put 500 miles on it since I bought it on Sunday, so I'm hoping to do Bill's riding and mileage justice!

If anyone's up for a ride let me know.

Andy

Welcome to TWT, Andy. I'm well acquainted with that silver VStrom you bought from Bill; no surprise that you love it already. Now that you're aboard, be sure and check out a few threads:

The VStrom owners thread:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85464&highlight=vstrom

The 2014 Pie Run calendar. Pie Runs are a great way to meet other members. And eat pie:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91434

And lots of other stuff going on here - just go to Forums / Upcoming Rides & Trips.

Other boards you might want to check out are Stromtrooper.com (more about VStroms than you ever wanted to know) and ADVRider.com (a forum for people who enjoy adventure touring on every machine imaginable, from weekend jaunts to around-the-world expeditions).

What part of our glorious Metromess do you live in?

Tim don't forget the ever popular monthly Meet and greet also. It is held every second Sunday of each month. Andy do you do any motorcycle camping? If so this is the place to be.

Andy! I'm glad to see that you made it onto the forum! There are tons of great people on this board ( I'm still not sure why they let me join) and I can wait to maybe see you at a meet and greet in the near future.

I went from a KLR to my V -Strom. For me it was everything I wanted my KLR to be. At the time , all the riding I did was with my street buddies that were in town or around the county .Now , no one around here rides any more. At least not with me :). 3/4 of the riding I do now is on my XR with all my DS buddies :)

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm the one who bought Bill's V-Strom last week. This is the first V-Strom I've owned, and I love it so far. Great bike for a taller rider. I've put 500 miles on it since I bought it on Sunday, so I'm hoping to do Bill's riding and mileage justice!

If anyone's up for a ride let me know.

Andy

Nice! Glad you joined the forum. Now we can say the bike is still in the family.

Welcome to TWT, Andy. I'm well acquainted with that silver VStrom you bought from Bill; no surprise that you love it already. Now that you're aboard, be sure and check out a few threads:

The VStrom owners thread:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85464&highlight=vstrom

The 2014 Pie Run calendar. Pie Runs are a great way to meet other members. And eat pie:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91434

And lots of other stuff going on here - just go to Forums / Upcoming Rides & Trips.

Other boards you might want to check out are Stromtrooper.com (more about VStroms than you ever wanted to know) and ADVRider.com (a forum for people who enjoy adventure touring on every machine imaginable, from weekend jaunts to around-the-world expeditions).

What part of our glorious Metromess do you live in?

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I moved from FTW to Dallas not too long ago, right off of I-30 west of downtown. I work in FTW though, so I'm all over DFW. I saw that I missed the pie-run last weekend, but hopefully one of the upcoming ones will work.

I've haven't really done much motorcycle camping, although I go camping quite a bit. I have at least an Ozark and a Ouachita trip on my list for this spring/summer, and whatever else I can get myself into. My old ride was a sport bike, so any 200 mile day killed my wrists, limiting my driving to DFW and a couple spots around town.

The upcoming ride section is the pack and go area of the site where you can find anywhere from trips that are a week to just meet up at the local dinner. Our official pie runs happen every month on Saturday. Each one is at a different Texas town. We also have local big city meet ups and then the Meet n greet n eat. Come join us at one or all and rub elbows with the rest of the clan. KP

Back