• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Southern Utah off road on big bikes

Interested, just depends on when and how long. Are you planning on riding or trailering. Done the Mexican Hat and Moki Dugway area twice. Would like to do Burr.

Im good with meeting up
Im good with trailering for others
real involved in project here at work for another month or so then ill be more focused on UTAH trip
Im also up for ideas

If I had a GSA I’d be up for riding out there and back but not sure I wanna do that on the 890, I’d burn up a set of tires just getting out there lol.

If I had a GSA I’d be up for riding out there and back but not sure I wanna do that on the 890, I’d burn up a set of tires just getting out there lol.
I’m running Dunlop trailmax mission’s
They are good off road and on and super high mileage
Truck or trailer will get you out there

Yea I’d likely throw the bike in the bed of the truck and roll. I have a wedding in Tulsa the weekend of 9/9-9/11. I should be free after that.

Im burning down a set of TKC80's at the moment, the rear maybe has another 300-500 miles in it before it's completely shot, that'll happen in the next month or so. I have a MotoZ RallZ for the rear and their new Dual Venture for the front that will be going on once the TKC80's are dead. Word is the new Dual Venture has extremely good tread life and being that it's bi-directional you can flip it over once it starts wear for another 30-50% life. In my experience with the rear RallZ I should see 2000-3000 miles out of it but slab time will obviously make it wear faster.

Im burning down a set of TKC80's at the moment, the rear maybe has another 300-500 miles in it before it's completely shot, that'll happen in the next month or so. I have a MotoZ RallZ for the rear and their new Dual Venture for the front that will be going on once the TKC80's are dead. Word is the new Dual Venture has extremely good tread life and being that it's bi-directional you can flip it over once it starts wear for another 30-50% life. In my experience with the rear RallZ I should see 2000-3000 miles out of it but slab time will obviously make it wear faster.
Been looking at motoz
My dunlops will go 12k

I like the Motoz GPS tires I've got on right now. The front is new to me, but I've been happy with it so far. The rear is great. I'm expecting 8000 out of my current one. Already have another standing by.

MotoZ are fantastic tires, pretty much every model they make. The only tire I like more on the small bikes is Goldentyre but we are talking full on knobbies there.

What bike

'19 Africa Twin. My frame is reference is the TKC80 I was running before on the front too. Really feels about the same off pavement but better on at the ~36psi I tend to run. The GPS is the only rear I've run in the Africa Twin besides the stock one. I sometimes wish the center strip wasn't solid, but I wonder how much tire life you'd lose if it wasn't.

couple of areas I want to incorporate into trip
Would really like to stay at goosenecks state park one night

Attachments

• white-shaffer.JPG
    white-shaffer.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Hat.JPG
    Hat.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 82
  • gnsp.JPG
    gnsp.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 81
I have been to Gooseneck State park once (very short visit), Moki Dugway twice and Muley point once. These are all, have to see locations. I will be leading a group of CMA state leadership back to this area the first week of May. Planning on camping at Muley point or Gooseneck state park. Will see how that works out.
What time frame is this trip going to encompass?

I have been to Gooseneck State park once (very short visit), Moki Dugway twice and Muley point once. These are all, have to see locations. I will be leading a group of CMA state leadership back to this area the first week of May. Planning on camping at Muley point or Gooseneck state park. Will see how that works out.
What time frame is this trip going to encompass?
Matt I'm coming in September alone or with others
I just turned 64 and still have stuff I want to do lol

couple of areas I want to incorporate into trip
Would really like to stay at goosenecks state park one night
Be aware, I was there last year and the lady in the gas station laughed when I asked if the ferry was open. She then told me it had been open two days in the past year. I've tried to cross on the ferry four times in the last 15 years and it has been closed all four times. There is a paved road that goes from Bullfrog to highway 95. Highway 95 is a much prettier ride than taking the ferry to 276.

highway 95
1645037321811.png

1645037370073.png

highway 276
1645037431908.png

1645037456217.png

Back